Unpleasantville

Damon Salvatore threw books from the shelf as he searched for the specific one that he was looking for

"What are you looking for, Damon?" Damon heard his younger brother ask. He turned briefly to look at him before returning to his task.

"Not your concern." He answered simply. He heard Stefan's footsteps as he walked closer along with the long sigh that he took.

"No, but putting Adrianna in harm's way, that's my concern." Stefan scolded causing Damon to roll his eyes. He grabbed a book from the shelf and began flipping through it.

"Hm mm. What are you talking about?" He asked with disinterest. Of course he knew what Stefan was talking about—he wasn't stupid. He just didn't know why his brother cared.

"I'm talking about Atlanta." Stefan answered shortly.

Damon looked up from his book, finally, and turned to Stefan. "Oh, yeah. Ade and I had a blast." Damon smirked at the frustrated look that crossed Stefan's face.

"I get it. You're bitter because one of us gets to be with the person that we love, and poor Katherine is just out of reach." Stefan began and Damon's sort of good mood changed. "But that doesn't mean you can corrupt or do whatever you're doing with her." Damon rolled his eyes and focused back on his book. "Unless there's another way for you to get into that tomb. Is that what Bree said?"

"You're pathetic when you're fishing." Damon muttered without looking up. He should've known Stefan was just trying to get information out of him.

"And you're transparent when you're deflecting." Stefan countered.

Damon looked up from the book and just narrowed his eyes at the younger Salvatore. They stood that way for a second before Damon brought his hand up to check his watch. "I have to go give my friend a ride. She wrecked her car."

"Damon." Stefan called as he walked towards the front door. Damon just turned back to him with a slight smirk.

"You wanted me to be nicer and I am." He grabbed his leather jacket before shrugging it on and walking out the door.

To: Ade
I'm picking you up in 10

From: Ade
ok

It didn't take Damon long to pull up to her house and Ade was waiting outside for him. He could see that she wasn't in a particularly good mood as she jumped into the car.

"You good?"

"Just want this day to be over." She muttered before leaning her head on the window. Damon reached over and squeezed her fingers before driving off towards the school.

Once Damon pulled up he turned off the car, unlocked the door, and turned to the moody brunette sitting in the passenger seat. He just sat silently and watched her as she didn't say anything for a few minutes. Damon noticed that she didn't seem to want to leave the car so he pushed the lock button and restarted the car.