Lost Girls

Salvatore Estate 1864

Stefan Salvatore stood waiting at the doorstep of his family's estate. As he saw the carriage drive towards the front of the home, Stefan straightened his back. The carriage finally came to a stop in front of Stefan and a dark skinned lady stepped out. Following her was the most beautiful woman Stefan had ever seen.

She had olive skin, that looked as soft as ever, and curly brown hair. Her hair was pulled back but a couple curly strands were hanging out, framing her exquisite face. Stefan stared into her dark brown eyes as a smile stretched across his face.

"You must be Miss Pierce." He said, causing her to smile.

She held out her hand for him to take and, when he did, she gave a small curtsy. "Please, call me Katherine."

~~~
Mystic Falls Cemetery 2009

Damon Salvatore dialed his brother's number into one of the dead guy's phones as he circled the pile of bodies while pouring liquor onto them. He smirked as he stared at the bodies of the people he had just killed.

He really got them good.

"Hello?" Damon focused his attention on the phone as his little brother answered.

"I want my ring." Damon heard the sharp intake of breath from Stefan.

"Where are you?"

Damon rolled his eyes. "I'm at the sizzler. I had a buffet. Where is my ring?" He asked again.

"I don't have it." Stefan said. "Where are you? What have you done?" Stefan sounded exasperated.

"No, what have you done?" Damon fired back. "You're the one that locked me in the basement and starved me, so whatever I've done, whoever I've sucked dry is on you, buddy." Damon lectured his brother. He heard Stefan sigh before answering.

"You're being careless. How many more animal attacks is this town gonna believe, huh?" Damon rolled his eyes once again as he paced around the bodies.

"I know how to cover my tracks, Stefan." He said matter-of-factly. "Where's my ring?" He brought the conversation back to the important topic.

"I gave it to Zach to hide. Probably shouldn't have killed him." Stefan snapped. A feeling of fear at never being able to step outside during the day again flickered briefly through Damon before he realized that Stefan was most likely lying.