The Turning Point

Adrianna stood next to her Aunt Jenna as they stared at the man standing on the other side of their door

"Why are you here, Logan?" Jenna finally asked. A smirk graced Logan's face before he spoke.

"I missed you. I was out of town. I—"

Aunt Jenna cut him off with a roll of her eyes. "Yeah, I got that email." Logan looked shocked for a minute.

"You got an email?"

"You didn't send an email?" Jenna asked as if she caught him in a lie.

"I can explain." Logan said as he placed both his hands on the doorposts. "Just invite me in and I'll tell you everything."

"She's not inviting you in." Adrianna stepped up with a glare.

Logan turned to her with an angry look. "All due respect, I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to your lovely aunt." He turned back to Jenna with a smile.

"Flattery will get you nowhere." Adrianna hissed before she slammed the door in his face. They stood there for a few minutes before Jenna muttered that she was going to bed and Adrianna just returned to the tv and the candy.

~~~
The Next Morning at the Salvatore Boarding House

Stefan walked into the parlor of the house and saw Damon standing in front of the large windows.

"So any idea of where you'll go?" Stefan asked, walking closer to his brother.

"I don't know. London, maybe. See some friends." Damon answered without turning away from the window.

"You don't have any friends, Damon." Stefan reminded him.

"You're right, Stefan. I made sure of that yesterday and now I only have you." Damon turned away from the window to face Stefan. "So, where are we goin'?"

Damon's comment about yesterday got Stefan thinking about how close Damon and Adrianna were. One look at Damon told him that now wouldn't be a great time to mention the younger Gilbert twin.

"We are not going anywhere. I'm gonna live my life as far away from you as possible." Stefan said instead, veering far away from the Adrianna subject.

"But we're a team!" Damon exclaimed as he walked closer to Stefan. "We could travel the world together. We could try out for 'The Amazing Race'." Stefan rolled his eyes at his brother's childish attitude but he still cracked a small smile.

"Mmmm, that's funny." Stefan's smile dropped as he continued to look at his brother. "Seriously, where are you going? Because we are not staying in town." Damon looked like he was about to say something but the doorbell interrupted him. Stefan gave his brother a look before he went to open the front door.