The Night of the Comet

Adrianna climbed up the stairs after finishing her small breakfast

Adrianna climbed up the stairs after finishing her small breakfast. She reached the top to see Elena and Aunt Jenna talking.

"Do I look adult? As in respectfully parental?" Aunt Jenna turned to the twins, looking at them expectantly.

"Depends on where you're going." Elena answered and Adrianna nodded her head, showing her agreement.

"Jeremy's parent-teacher conference." Aunt Jenna answered before turning to look in the mirror that was placed on a wall in the hallway. "Hair up or down?" She asked. She put her hair up.

"Sexy stewardess." Elena said in response. Jenna let her hair down, fluffing it a little.

"Boozy housewife." Adrianna said with a smile. Jenna looked back in the mirror before deciding.

"Up it is." She started putting the pins in her hair to keep it up and then she turned on the twins. "You're feisty today." She addressed them both. Adrianna raised her eyebrows before answering.

"I'm always feisty." Aunt Jenna smiled knowingly as Elena rolled her eyes. A smile then graced Elena's face.

"I feel good, which is rare." Elena started. "So I've decided to go with it. Fly free, walk on sunshine, and all that stuff." She sighed happily and Adrianna smirked. She knew why Elena was so happy recently.

"Finally." She sighed dramatically, causing Aunt Jenna to laugh and Elena to shove her. "Where's Jeremy?" Adrianna asked after realizing that she hadn't seen her younger brother all morning.

"He left early." Aunt Jenna was still messing with her hair in the mirror, trying to get it to sit perfectly. "Something about getting to wood shop early to finish a birdhouse." She fiddled with her hair more while Elena and Adrianna exchanged uneasy glances. Aunt Jenna paused, noticing their looks in the mirror. "There is no wood shop, is there?" She asked, already knowing the answer.

"No." The Gilbert twins answered together. Jenna sighed before walking away.

"Yeah."

~~~

The younger Gilbert twin once again found herself sitting in Mr. Tanner's history class. He was lecturing, as usual, about some historical event in Mystic Falls.

"Originally discovered nearly 5 centuries ago, it hasn't been over Mystic Falls in over 145 years. Now, the comet will be its brightest right after dusk during tomorrow's celebration." He paused and glared at where Stefan and Elena were staring at each other. Again. Adrianna rolled her eyes at them. They could at least try to appear normal. "Are we bothering you, Mr. Salvatore? Ms. Gilbert?" Elena and Stefan looked away from each other, embarrassed.

Before Tanner could say anything else the bell rung and Adrianna grabbed her bag before practically running out of the room. She walked speedily down the hall until she saw Bonnie and Caroline walking together and walked over to the two friends.