Chapter 5 Confronting the Side Chick

Anne-Lee walked them into the office. Smiling, she didn't break character. Nancy on the other hand couldn't stop looking at her. Her heart beating fast and frighten on what Anne-Lee might do.

"Mr. Young your family is here sir." Anne-Lee told him and started to leave the room.

"Anne-Lee." Anne-Lee cursed under her breath she didn't want to be in the same room with her but she responded anyway.

"Sir?"

"Why don't you sit down and write down some dates for us."Anne-Lee stood in the corner of the room right next to the huge glass window. Away from his family quiet like a mouse not wanting to cause any attention to her but their eyes followed her.

"She what happens to Yoko?" His mother asked while taking her sun glasses off
And crossing her leg.

"She quit she said I was working her to hard." Nathan sighed leaned back in his chair.

"Oh well she can go back making chicken fried rice. Isn't that what her people like to make." Anne furrowed her eyebrows. 'If this is how she talks about this Yoko person then how will she talk about me if I leave?'

"Now mom you can't just talked about their culture like that." Nathan told her but was laughing while doing so.

"Oh any who! We have family dinner on the 4th of next month," Anne-Lee wrote down the date and stared out the window again. Watching the clouds go by and watching the busy city below her. "We also have a family reunion in July on the 18th." Anne-Lee wrote down the date and looked down at the busy city. All of a sudden a crowed appeared. A man was on one knee proposing to his girlfriend. The picture of them appeared on the jumbo screen. She watched as the woman nodded yes and jump into the man arms. A tear slipped down from Anne-Lee cheeks.

She didn't hear the rest of the conversation just whenever she heard a date she wrote it down.

"I'm going to take a break and walk around the building with your father you know to stretch my legs." His mother stood up and stretched. Nancy stayed in her seat she couldn't stop staring at Anne-Lee. 'Why is she so calm? She doesn't seem to be angry.'

"Why don't you and your brother have some bonding time," Their father stood up and held their mothers hand."You know catch up." He said and walked out the room with his wife.

"Anne-Lee sit why don't you talk with us," Nathan noticed how Nancy was staring at her like she had a bad dream about Anne-Lee. Like Anne-Lee was her worst nightmare. "Come join us."

"No I'm just fine sir,"Anne-Lee rushed out the room. "Spend sometime with your sister."

Nathan noticed that Anne-Lee was acting the same way. Not wanting to be in the same room as Nancy.

"Anne-Lee sit down!" Nathan slammed his fist on the table causing both of them to jump. Anne-Lee turned to stare at him like he was crazy. She was not his child nor his woman.

"First of all Sir, who do you think you're yelling at?" Anne-Lee shot back with an attitude. Nathan didn't take her attitude to well she could tell when he walked his way towards her. He grabbed her arm gently and gently pulled her into a seat.

"You will do as I say," Nathan whispered in her ear harshly. "When I say sit down I mean it." Nathan stood back up and walked behind his desk sitting directly in front of Anne-Lee and Nancy.

"Now Nancy you've been starring at Anne-Lee the whole time while Mom, Dad, and I have been talking why?"

Nancy nervously laughed. "I love her dress and shoes."

"Thank you."Anne-Lee spoke quietly and looked away not wanting to meet Nancy's burning gaze.

"You're lying," Nathan got up and looked Nancy directly in the eye. "You never laugh and then answer a question. You have always been so serious and froward with your answers."

"Trust me, you don't want to know."Anne-Lee said accidentally she meant to keep it in her mind. Nathan stared at her wondering what she knew. She turned away from both of their gazes that was burning into her head.

"What going on Anne-Lee?" Nathan went to stand in front of her looking down at her.

"Ask your sister."Anne-Lee told him. She bent down to grab her coffee cup that was sitting on the floor. She had brought her coffee in when his parents was in the room.

"Nancy what is going on?"

"Well, I sort of...well kinda...see what happen was...I sorta slept with her boyfriend." Nancy said slowly and calmly.

"How you sorta sleep with my boyfriend," Anne-Lee started. "There is no sorta its you riding my boyfriend like a horse until I walked in from my job interview. You SLEPT with my boyfriend there is no damn sorta. Get the hell out of here with that sorta shit. Did you know that I was with him?"

"Well...I did know." Nancy looked down at her shoes now. The guilt was showing now. Nathan was watching as the truth unfolded. Anne-Lee on the other hand was finally releasing her anger.

"That makes it even worst, I have never done anything to anyone. I don't deserve to get step on or treated like a bitch. I'm not a female dog. I don't even know you that well but I have already lost all respect for you. I will respect you on business terms but for personal you have lost me." Anne-Lee told her and stop talking she couldn't talk anymore. She was on the verge of tears she held it in.

"Don't you know the difference between right and wrong!" Nathan yelled at Nancy.

"I do but he told me he loved me after she broke up with him." Nancy told him. There was a silence. Anne-Lee sipped on her coffee very loudly. Nathan turned to her.

"Now is not the time," Nathan told her and stare at her. "We are handling some business."

"Well since it's nun of my business I'm going to lunch. Would you both like the childish lunch today? I think you do I'll be back." Anne-Lee grabbed her things and left the room. Instead of taking the elevator she took the stairs. Not wanting to wait to get to lunch. She left out to building in a rush.

Nathan stared at the huge window, He didn't like to be disobeyed. He didn't like the attitude she had towards him. He wanted her back in the office. He can understand that she is angry and hurt but he didn't like her dissing him. After she left Nathan went back to fussing at Nancy and was worried about Anne-Lee. But Nathan had a feeling by the end of today Anne-Lee would want to quit.