Chapter 8: Anne-Lee Partying?

Anne-Lee sat on her hotel bed watching old band videos of Jackson State. She was is in band while in high school. She loved Jackson State it was something about them that made her want to be in band all over again.

Then she heard a knock.

She knew who it was and she was not answering it. She had enough of him today. She didn't have time to hear his demands. To hear his bossy tone. She just had enough of him. She was tired and ready to go back home. To her apartment with her couch and bunny footies that she forgot to pack. She missed them being on her feet.

"Open the door Anne-Lee!" Nathan demanded. "I know you're in there." Anne-Lee sent a decoy text to make him leave. It would buy her some more time to relax. She told him she was at the store picking up food in the store for her room. She heard heavy footsteps leave the door. She sighed in relief. She decided to take a bath to relive her mind. While she was in the bath she went into her own state of mind.

Thinking Anne-Lee was gone he unlocked her room with a key he had gotten from the front desk. He had a teddy bear, a rose, and a dress with a note. The dress was a body con dress. He was planing to take Anne-Lee too Swazi's business party. He looked how he had set it up. He thought it good and nodded his head in approval. Soon he heard the bathroom door open.

Out stepped Anne-Lee with her underwear and a robe and her hair under a towel. Nathan couldn't do anything but stare at her. Her body looked good to him. The little beads of water looked like chocolate drops he wanted to lick off of her. But wait wasn't she suppose to be at the store?

"What are you doing in my room?" Anne-Lee raised an eyebrow. Closing her robe quickly and becoming self conscience of her robe.

"Aren't you suppose to be at the store?" Nathan asked back. Anne-Lee looked at the floor. Nathan circled her taking every inch of her body. Anne-Lee looked at the bed and looked back on the floor. "We can talk about this later." He had to go fix himself seeing her like that made him aroused. But it wasn't the time to make her absolutely his. He was easing her into it step by step.

Anne-Lee looked at the bed for a while. She picked up the black long body con dress. She actual liked it but it looked expensive. She saw the note it read

Dear Anne-Lee,

Your friend Swazi is having a business party and I want you to accompany me. I bought you this dress so we can match. I want you on my arm tonight. Be ready by 7:00.

Yours Truly
Nathan Young.

Looking at it in confusion, She asked this question 'Is he asking me on a date?' All she could do is stare. She felt the same way she felt at the mall when Nathan saw her in that dress. Chills. When he circled her she felt it. What was he doing to her? Why did she feel chills? She shook her head of the the thought she didn't want to think about it.

But no.
As much as she wanted to spend a night with her old friend. She didn't want to go. She didn't like parties. She didn't like the fact of socializing. And trying to impress people. She like nights in with Pjs and Netflix. She didn't care of the fact that Nathan would be upset.

To get to the point she really could give a not existent fuck.

So she carefully put the dress to the side so she could return it in the morning. Put the teddy bear near the garbage she was still deciding whether she would give it to her god child, Casey's daughter Elisa. She put the rose in the garbage. She put on some fluffy pajamas and a tank top on. She was going to sleep. No matter how Nathan felt about it.

--------------------------------------------------

Nathan was ready to go. His suit was pressed and sharp. His teeth was shinier than usual. His hair nice and slicked back. Next move was to go get Anne-Lee. He couldn't get that image of her in her robe out his mind. He would saver that for now.

Nathan stepped out his room and walked 3 doors down to her room. He knocked.

She heard the knocks then she looked at the time. 7:00pm on the dot. She groan loudly and got up. She shuffled to the door her eye lids half closed. She took a second before opening the door.

She was faced with a large chest. She didn't  feel like lifting up her head. But she could feel the anger radiating off of him. She just walked away from the door.

Nathan didn't have any words. He though Anne-Lee looked adorable in PJs but he was angry. She didn't put on the dress and what he could tell she didn't want to go to the party with him. Was there someone else? Who wouldn't want to go to an party?

"Yes Mr. Young," Anne-Lee put on her glasses. Acting like he came for business but she already knew what he was going to rant about. "Is there something you want to talk about?"

"I paid five thousand dollars for that dress," Nathan pointed to the dress. "Why are you not wearing it?"

"First, no one told you to by that dress, which I'm returning in the morning. I told you that I don't want you spending your money on me. Second, parties I do not do. I don't have time to impress uppity motha- I mean people while fake smiling most of the time. Believe it or not fake smiling hurt when you do it for a long amount of time." Anne was looking down most of the time looking at papers she had organized. She didn't know Nathan was in front of her. Looking down on her.

"Third, You sir are not just one of the most powerful men in our city. But you are the top bachelor. You know what that means? You could fuck any woman you want. Which had me confused because you choose me to be your woman for the night." Anne-Lee started to get up but She was just now noticing Nathan was standing in front her.

Nathan's anger went away. Seeing the flash of her insucurites for the first time. She didn't know how he felt about her. So he made a decision. He would show a little of his emotion. He picked Anne-Lee Up.

"What are you doing Mr. Young?" Anne felt self conscience of her tank top.

He sat up on the back bored of the bed. He put his ear on her chest to hear her heart beat. That's when he realized that it matched his. He grabbed her hand and kissed it then put it on his heart.

She felt his heart beat and it matched hers. She felt her skin warm up. Was she blushing? Thing was she felt a connection like she wanted to stay like this in his arms. When she looked down at him he looked comfortable too. Then he slowly raised his head and his eyes met hers. He saw the surprised expression on her face. He wanted her to stay in his arms forever.

"I know you can't believe it Anne-Lee," Nathan said looking up at her. "But please come with me tonight. I will give you the week off if you come with me to this party."

"Fine Mr. Young," Anne-Lee said starting to pull up but Nathan held her down. "I will go but no funny business."

"Call me Nathan from now on. No more Mr. Young." Nathan said letting her go. Then he got up and left her room. He would wait for her down stairs because if he stayed with her any longer he would do something reckless.