Chapter 10: Determined

*1 Week Later*

It's been a week since that event that happened in L.A. Anne-Lee won't even look at Nathan in the eye. No matter how hard he tried to look in hers she always look the other direction. Anne-Lee just went with the motion whatever he needed she did.

She organized files, go to meetings that weren't important to him, she got him lunch time to time and she minded her business. She did everything without emotion. Nathan would try to get her attention by making her do extra work. He thought that she would eventually complain to him. He would get to hear her voice but she didn't complain. She kept moving.

"Anne-Lee I need you to go to the town's University and go to a meeting for me. I don't know what it's about but I really have other things to do."

"The University wants to see if you had an interest of being a mentor to some of the college students who is losing their way. That meeting was 3 hours ago and I'm handling that I felt like I was most appropriate one for them to look up to."

"What does that supposed to mean?" Nathan looked away from his computer to look at Anne-Lee. Anne-Lee was on her way out the door with her things.

"Whatever you want it to mean." She said and walked out the door giving it a little slam.

That was the first time he had heard her voice all week. What was wrong with her? Why wasn't she talking to him in her smart witty ways. Why wasn't she standing up to him like usual?

Later that day Anne-Lee met Casey and Elisa for lunch.

"Auntie!" Elisa held her four year old arms out to hug Anne-Lee.

"Oh, Look at my baby!"Anne-Lee picked Elisa up. "You are getting so big!" she said while kissing her on her cheek.

"So, how have you been Anne?"Casey said looking at Anne-Lee with concerned eyes.

"Making I guess. Starting not to feel anything emotionally anymore." Anne-Lee said why sitting down in a booth.

"If you need any thing you know Neal and I got you." Casey said. Neal is her husband of 7 years. "Honestly, I think you should get back out there."

"I don't need to do anything." Anne-Lee snapped a little bit.

"Someone didn't eat this morning."

"How do you know I didn't eat this morning?"

"Because I am your best friend and best friend knows everything about her best friend." Casey said and sipped on her tea. "You know you can't keep doing this."

"I'm not doing anything wrong Casey just working and going home." Anne-Lee said.

"You look sleepy Auntie." Elisa said and went back to coloring with the crayons and color book.

"How hard is he working you? Do I need to kick his ass?" Casey said.

"Ooh, mommy you said a bad word!" Elisa pointed out.

"Forgive me baby." Casey said.

"Don't worry about It. Making money is what i'm doing." Anne-Lee said.

"Money doesn't buy you happiness." Casey said. Anne-Lee just looked down at her hands. She was right it doesn't.

"I have to get back to work soon." Anne-Lee looking at her watch.

"You haven't even ate anything."

"Don't worry I got a lunchables back in my mini-fridge at work."

"Wait-"

"I got to go. Sorry sweetie." Anne-Lee hugged Casey and kissed Elisa on the cheek.

Once Anne-Lee go back to work she went back to her robotic ways. Doing things with no emotion and did things out of common sense. She sat back at her desk and went back to answering emails, and setting up meetings. Then Nathan walked through with a girl on his arm.

"Anne-Lee if you have anything to tell me just email me it. I might be busy for a while." He said. She didn't even look up at him and the girl she just nodded her head and went back to typing. That wasn't the reaction that he wanted. Anne-Lee felt her blood boil. She should be feeling this way it wasn't any of her business. Then a email got sent to her. It was from Gary.

'Hey Girly,

He is working you to the bone and I think you need a break. Why don't you come out with me and my boyfriend tonight? Or we could come and hang out at your place? Ooh! We could have a sleep over! Either way it goes me and you haven't talked in awhile and I miss my best friend.

        Love, Gary.'

Anne-Lee smiled at the email. Her and Gary had been friends since she had gotten into the office. He greeted her with a genuine smile and took her under his wing. She had been working so hard that she hadn't seen Gary anymore. Then the girl that was with Nathan stepped out the office with her clothes twisted and her hair a mess. She stumbled pass Anne-Lee.

"Umm...I'm sorry to bother you but where is the ladies room?"

"Right down that hall sweetie and to the left."

The girl thanked her and went to the restroom and then left. Nathan opened his door and the next thing he knew objects were being throw at him. Anne-Lee had tossed him the air freshener, breath mints, wipes, and germ-x.

"You could have at least just handed them to me like an adult." Nathan said. Anne-Lee didn't say anything she just got up and went to the restroom.

"Don't talk to me about being an adult." Anne-Lee mumbled. Once Anne-Lee got back from the bathroom Nathan called her in the office.

"You need to stop acting like an teenage girl and talk to me." Nathan told her.

"Sir, I'm just simply doing my job."

"The whole point of you being my PA is for us to communicate. How can we do that when I can't hear that lovely voice of yours."

"Mr. Young I don't think you respect me enough to want to communicate with me. I really don't have time for this just email or text me on what you need me to do." Anne-Lee got up and straightened out her clothes. . "I can't really take you as seriously anymore." Anne-Lee started to walk towards the door but Nathan grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer.

"Didn't I tell you to call me Nathan? Are you upset with me about something? Tell me. I can't stand this."Nathan whispered in her ear.

"You couldn't ask me that question while sitting at your desk?" Anne-Lee asked.

"I think you have forgotten who I am Anne-Lee."

"What? A disrespectful and heartless man who doesn't know how to keep his package in his pants? Or how about dragging someone with you and leave them hanging dry? I think you forgotten who I am Mr.Young. If you think i'm some plaything then you are truly mistaken." Anne-Lee said snatched her wrist away from him.

"Let me make it up to you over dinner." Nathan said boldly.

"No, I have plans tonight already for the first time that doesn't involve you or doing any of your work."Anne-Lee said and left the room. She rolled her eyes why did she want to pour her heart out to him about how she felt about what happen in L.A? She shook her head about the situation. She would have to get over it eventually but she couldn't. She was hurt. She didn't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing her hurt.

It felt so right when he held her closer. He just wished that she would tell him whats wrong. He knows what was bothering her. It was what happened in L.A. He knew that he had hurt her even though she wouldn't tell him.

'Why am I so stupid?' he thought.

How was he supposed to win her heart if he kept doing dumb stuff. How was he supposed to get her to be on his side if he kept sleeping with girls that didn't matter to him. He loved her. He finally admitted to himself. He had never done this before. He had never been with just one woman. She is his. He was determined to let her know that in every way possible. She controlled him and she didn't even know it. He needed her in everyway possible. And her not speaking to him wasn't going to do. His reasonable side had shut down. He was now his truly psychotic self and was about to crush anyone that stood in his way against his goal.