Chapter 3: An Unknowing Break Through

"Urgh," Anne-Lee looked at her phone and saw that Robin was calling. He had been blowing up her phone ever since she kicked him out. Anne-Lee was tired she was stuck on an elevator for 5 hours now. She is starving and tired but she had to deal with Robin. She picked up the phone. "What do you want?"

Nathan was sitting on the floor with her. He watched her closely. He listen to her talk.

"NO. You will not start this. You cheated and that is unacceptable! I trusted you and you slept with some other girl. You got her now call her." Anne-Lee paused and she listen to what he said.

"You called me dull and was angry that I wouldn't give it up to you. I have more respect for my body than anything. It's my temple."Nathan didn't even blink it was like his eye were analyzing her. 'This is the boyfriend that broke her heart.'

"Stop calling me. Your not going to get me back Robin." Anne-Lee paused again and listen to Robin rant on. Anne-Lee got irritated and hung up and drop the phone in the floor. "Asshole."

"So I was right then?"Nathan chuckled.

"Right about what Mr.Young?"Anne-Lee was about the choke this man. She felt like she was being tormented by one of her old school bully.

"Your dull and not exciting at all." Nathan laughed. "Your just as boring as I thought."

"Shut it." Anne-Lee darted her eyes at him. He was took back from it. No one had ever told him to be quiet but family. "I will not have my boss talk about me like my past high school bullies."

"Oh Really?" Nathan stood over her.

"Yes, really. I might just go find another job if I'm just going to be insulted all the time by you." Anne-Lee told him and stood up and started to go to the other side of the elevator to get away from him. But he held her arm and brought her back gently on his side. "What's your problem?"

"You can't quit. See I created a contract after my last assistant left that you have to work for me for at least 5 years before you can quit or if I let you go. Even if you stay for 5 years then quit it would be hard for you to find a job."

"What do you mean by that?"

"You should have listen to your friend. Im one of the most powerful men in this city. Just one bad review from me and your finished."

"You would do all that just to keep me here?" Anne-Lee looked at him crazy. "Your out of your mind."

"You're the one that wanted the job."Nathan had cornered her by now.

"What are you doing?" Anne-Lee was face with his chest she felt her breath starting to get ragged.

"You know Anne-Lee, birds are beautiful creatures. If it got hurt I would take it in. I would nurse it back to health. Put it in a cage to heal and then when it gets healed. I would still keep it because anyone would be a fool let something so beautiful slip away." Nathan ran his finger tips across her neck. Anne-Lee felt the elevator go down and thanked Jesus.

"The elevator is going down!" She finally blurted out. She pushed him grabbed her purse and it was on time because as soon as she got her purse she got off the elevator. But a crowd was in her way clapping and cheering that the elevator was fixed.

"Goodbye Mr.Young." Anne-Lee tried to walk away but he stopped her by grabbing her hand.

"Goodbye Anne-Lee."Nathan quickly let go of her hand. He feeling had taken over him in the elevator. Anne-Lee went the through the crowd and walked out the building. Anne-Lee thought to herself 'What have I gotten myself into?'

***************************
Saturday Morning

Anne-Lee was in her room watching cartoons that morning. She had avoided Nathan most of the time she was at work. She would avoid his eyes, she didn't let him touch her. Every time he would try she would hold out a bottle of Germ-X she was still shook up from the incident from her first day.

She was so glad the office was closed on weekends. She sat her bed lazily in her favorite pajamas and her fuzzy socks. She heard a knock at her door. Casey was out of town on vacation. And she had no other friends. She could only think of one person she scrunched her face. 'Robin'

She got up with a grudge and grabbed the bat the was by the door. She swung the door open.

"I swear to god Robin if you come near me again I'm breaking your skull-"

"I suggest that you look up Anne-Lee." Anne-Lee knew that voice from anywhere she slowly lifted her head and her face went pale. "What I don't get a good morning?"

"Mr.Young what are you doing at my apartment? How did you even know where I live?"

"I did a background check like I do all my employees." Nathan walked himself in. Anne-Lee eye twitched.

"What do you want so thought I was off." Anne-Lee watched him as he looked around the apart me.

"What are you doing today?"Nathan turned to her he chuckled. He thought she looked adorable in her pajamas and the grumpy look on her face made it better.

"Sleeping." Anne-Lee told him.

"Well, Change of plans I'm taking you shopping." Nathan told her and she let out an irritated breath.

"I don't want to! I don't want to use your money!" Anne-Lee whined like a child

"You and that is final! Go change into some clothes." Nathan practically yelled at her.

"Humph!" Anne-Lee went into her room
And changed into blue jeans and a plan gray T-shirt and flats. Brushed her teeth and put lotion on. She put a her hair in a bun and grabbed her purse.

"Let's get this over with."Anne-Lee rushed out the house.

"This is going to be interesting." Nathan said and followed her out.

"Interesting my ass."Anne-Lee mumbled.

"What was that?" Nathan daring her to say it again.

"Interesting my ass! Shit, What do you think I said? I'm not afraid of you!"

"Such language."Nathan glared at her.

"We out the office, you ain't got no kind of power outside that office."

"But I do own this building." Nathan watched as she stopped in her track.

"Back up rewind what do you just say?" Anne-Lee stared at him in disbelief.

"Yea I do, I have power here were you live. I can just as easily move you out and put you in the place of my choosing."

"You crazy man." Anne-Lee stared at him.

"You should have known that from the start,"Nathan grabbed her hand and made her look in his eyes. "These are the eyes of a crazy man." Anne-Lee saw his eyes they burned into hers. Just what was he doing?

"Can we get this day over with?" Anne-Lee pulled away. His words about the bird made her think was she the bird?

"Let's go." Nathan walked her to his sport car. Nathan feelings were coming clear more and more in his mind. He was obsessed with Anne-Lee. He couldn't stay away from her. He wanted to have her all to himself but it wasn't time yet. He decided to keep it normal for now.