Chapter 13: Escape

"Hey, You ready to go?" Gary popped his head into Anne-Lee's office.

"Yea," Anne-Lee looked back and then stepped closer to Gary. "I've got to get the hell out of town. I'm going on a early vacation."

"Well, I drove past your apartment and it looks like Swazi left you a present."

"Really?" Anne-Lee paused. "Why were you at my apartment?"

"You had a package and I went ahead and delivered it to your apartment. I didn't want you walking out with a load."Gary said. "Trust me you will absolutely love it."

"He always surprises me. I wonder how him and Valentina are doing." Anne-Lee said.

"Look if you are trying to get out of here you need to leave as soon as you get home." Gary whispered. Anne-Lee nodded. Anne-Lee got on the elevator and caught a cab. Once she made it to her apartment she called her mother.

"Hello?" her mom answered.

"Hey mama! I wanted to call ahead and tell you that I was coming to come visit for a couple of days."

"Ooh, i'm so excited you can sit and tell me about that new job that you are working at." She heard her mom's excitement over the phone. "My baby is coming home I'll have your favorite ready when you get here."

"Thanks mama, I love you." Anne-Lee said while packing a duffle bag full of clothes and other needs. After she packed everything she needed for a few days. Then she grabbed the package that was dropped off. It was a small envelope from Swazi. Inside it contained a key. She smiled her brother had gotten her a car. When she walked around back it was a brand new car. She smiled maybe she didn't Gary after all.

________________________________________________

"Anne-Lee could you come in my office real quick? I don't remember the date that Gideon meeting is."Nathan said. It was an excuse to get her in his office.

No response.

"Anne-Lee come in my office now." Nathan said with a little more demand in his voice. Nathan got irritated and got up from his chair. "Damnit Anne-" He paused when he didn't see her there and saw her work station clear but it was still decorated. Nathan gashed his teeth then his face relaxed when he saw Gary near by talking to one of the co-workers.

Gary was talking to Martha, getting the tea as usual, when he felt someone burning in the side of his face. It wasn't a good stare either.

"Martha you text me the rest of what you have to say. I got to go." Gary started to sprint to the elevator to go to his work floor.

"Garrison!" Nathan called after him. Gary kept moving he wasn't trying to talk to Nathan. Nathan was fast when he was on a mission which was finding his lady. "We need to talk."

"I got a lot of mail to organize sir. I can't chat right now." Gary said but Nathan had him by the shoulder. "Where is Anne-Lee?"

"I don't know sir-"

"Like hell you don't." Nathan's voice had dropped a bass lower. Which made Gary's skin crawl. "Tell me where she is or it won't end well for you." Gary looked around. Everyone was moving at a fast. Ignoring what was going down because fear ruled the office. Nobody wanted to get involved with Nathan.

"She went on vacation. I don't know where but she is gone for a couple of days." Gary said. He half lied. He knew where she was going but he didn't tell Nathan. Nathan walked off angry how could his security detail didn't tell him that she had left.

"Thomas! Get your ass in my office now!" Nathan yelled over the phone.

Thomas rushed in with some other men. They thought something was wrong with Nathan.