Chapter 6: The Chase

"I hate rich people," Anne-Lee said to herself while sitting at the lake. She needed a break from that crazy mess. Just to think she was getting over him but they had to discuss it. "They always in everyone business."

Anne-Lee sighed and took a sip of her water. She admired the lake how the little ripples in the water had sparkles in them from the sunshine. How the trees hid her from the ugly world that she lived in. And most of all the cute little animals that would hang around. She needed something to calm her from what happen at work. Anne-Lee was about to take a bite of her sandwich until she heard footsteps. She froze they were heavy footsteps. She heard car doors close and low voices.

"Boss wants her back at office," He heard the mans voice. "He said that this is one of her favorite places." Anne-Lee was relived that the trees covered everywhere she gathered her things quickly and went to another part of the woods. She went to another section she knew all the secret path ways she took off her heels and walked not making any noise. She had walked through these woods ever since she was a kid. She knows the woods every stick, leaf, and tree.

"Do you have a picture of her?" Another one of the men asked.

"Yea."The man pulled out a photograph. "This is her Anne-Lee Daniels. He wanted her back at the office as soon as she left. I don't know what so special about her. She is not really my type. She's fat she won't get far." She wanted to slapped the man but she didn't feel like being dragged.

She signed and whispered to her self. "I don't care if I don't get another job. I'm leaving this city today. I can't stand him." Anne-Lee didn't run she went swiftly through the trees without making a sound. She simply went to another clearing and routed back to the car. All the men were spread out. She could hear them yelling at each other, moving the think branches.

She shook her head and went to her car. She cranked it up and speed up. Trying to make it to the nearest highway. She didn't care where was going. Just away from him.

"Who just sends men in black to come get a person? I'm not that important." Anne-Lee yelled in the car while driving. Her phone rung she had one of the cars that her her phone rung so did her car. It popped up 3 missed calls from Nathan and 10 missed calls from an unknown number. The number had called again.

"Answer."Anne-Lee demanded the car. Once she got connected she wanted to automatically hang up.

"Look, I'm the last person you want to talk to but you have to return to office." She heard Nancy voice through the car. Nancy was in another room off the office building. Nathan left for Anne-Lee's apartment seeing if she was there and he was waiting for her.

"How did you get my number!" Anne-Lee gritted her teeth. This man is dangerous all because she left the office for lunch and for him being all in her business.

"Your file was on the screen of his computer," Nancy explained. "He is fascinated by you. I never seen him like this. Could it be..." Nancy paused catching herself. "Just please come back. If you're not back in 2 hours he is going to destroy the whole city looking for you."

"I'm not special he can't just find another assistant." Anne-Lee told her while driving past her apartment but kept going when she saw Nathan's car. She speed past it, but Nathan was in his car when he saw her drive past.

"You don't understand you're the first girl I have seen him look at in a I way that you wouldn't understand." Nancy told her. "He always gets what he wants."

"He doesn't want me."

"He doesn't..."Anne-Lee dragged her words and thought about it. Nathan words echoed in her head. 'Anne-Lee, birds are beautiful creatures. If it got hurt I would take it in. I would nurse it back to health. Put it in a cage to heal and then when it gets healed. I would still keep it because anyone would be a fool let something so beautiful slip away.' Those words ringed in her ear. The question kept ringing in her head. Am I the bird?

Anne-Lee snapped out of her thoughts. When she heard a car beep behind her at the stop light. She looked in her review mirror and saw Nathan staring at her with his sharp green eyes.

"Anne-Lee are you there?" Nancy called out to her. Anne-Lee lost her voice the words wouldn't come out. It was like they were stuck in her throat. All she did was leave for lunch. And he hunts her down like a animal.

"I..."Anne-Lee looked at her gas tank it was on E. She cursed in her mind and soon turned into a gas station. And leaned back and went into another world for a second. Something to take her away from this one. It didn't last to long when Nathan knock on her window. Anne-Lee took a breath she had to face the monster she knew as her boss. His sister had hung up on her. Now she had to face him.

She rolled down her window and cut her eyes sharply at him. "What?! What do you want!?" She asked him with out yelling.

"Get out the car." Nathan told her. She declined by not saying a word and not moving. Nathan opened up the car door and got her out and placed her in front of him. Anne-Lee was blocked in she could go anywhere.

Nathan looked down at her angry that she would run from him. He bent down and whispered in her ear. "You will obey."

"I'm not a dog Mr.Young." Anne-Lee shoot back. Nathan shook his head in understanding. Then lifted Anne-Lee and put he in the back seat and put the child lock on both sides. He called one of his men to pick up his car. And filled up Anne-Lee car with gas and drove her home.

"You know, I don't know what you have over me. But you didn't have to send men in black to chase me down."

"You were running from me."

"You are crazy man. All I did was let off steam by eating lunch and looking at trees. You telling me I can't look at fucking trees!"

"I told you to stay at the office. You left. When I say you're working for me for 5 years I mean it. It looks to me like you were trying to quit."

"You damn skippy I was. I don't want to work for a crazy man."

"I'm not a crazy man," Nathan told her. Pulling her toward him. "You make it that way." He let go of her he was losing his control of his feelings. "I will see you tomorrow Anne-Lee if you don't come in I'm driving here and dragging you here. I'm taking your car. We are going to make some changes."

"Wait you're taking my car?!" He had left before she asked the question. Anne-Lee sat for a second. Then mumbled to her self "Asshole." For the rest of the night she slept and was dreaming of another world.