Chapter 18: Blind Date

"You are going to have to start talking to me sometime today. Don't  you understand that?"Nathan said. Anne-Lee had came in the office not speaking. Not saying a word. It was like she was ignoring him and that didn't sit well with him.

Anne-Lee could only look at him. She was annoyed frankly but she was thinking about something more important than him right. It had 10 years since her father had died. She would stay quiet until 12:00 pm it was 11:30 am right now she had 3o more minutes.

"Ok, have it your way." Nathan said.

She wanted to say shut up but she didn't instead. After it hit 12 she still didn't talk to him. She really didn't know what to say to him. He had confessed his feelings to her and she didn't know what to say. She had been hurt so many times she doesn't know what she should do.

"You seem so disconnected today, and I want to talk about our plans for the future.

'What future?' Anne-Lee said in her head. Then she remembered she forgot about the date that he had with another woman. She didn't set up the date nor did Nathan. It was the woman that kept popping up for some reason. She felt that she was perfect for him anyway. They are both crazy in their unique was. It was 12:15 so she decided to talk to him.

"Listen, Mr.- I mean Nathan. You have a date around 6:30 at that new classy restaurant around the corner."

"That's sweet of you to set us up. Is this going to be our first date?"

"I guess so."

"I can't wait." Nathan wiggled his eyebrows flirtatiously.

"I'm glad you are glad sir." Anne-Lee said.

"Is there a color I need to wear?"

"I don't know wear what you want." She said as she stood up and grabbed her things.

"Where are you going?"

"To lunch."

"Oh, where are we going?"

"We aren't going anywhere. I'm just going to lunch I'll be back." Anne-Lee said slightly irritated. Nathan heard it in her voice and made him look at her side ways. Then she walked out and slammed the door. He jumped. For some reason she was irritated with him. He couldn't figure it out at all. She wasn't mad him she was just emotional it had been 10 years. Since her father passed away. It was killing her inside. Just empty. A void grew bigger in heart and it was starting to take up space where love was supposed to be. Maybe that's why she kept rejecting Nathan in her head. The Void took over.

"I've never seen him so happy for a date. I really hope he has fun too." Anne-Lee said while talking on the phone with Gary.

"Awe. I thought you two where going to start a steamy relationship." Gary said while talking on his bluetooth and delivering mail.

"I don't think that would work out. I mean he has a date tonight with one of the most naturally beautiful women I have ever seen."

"Don't get discouraged Anne-Lee. You are going to have a great future." Gary said about to walk into Nathan's office.

"Thanks, I'm in diner across the street if you want to have lunch with me."

"That sounds great Anne-Lee! You know i love pancakes in the afternoon. Actually I love pancakes anytime." Nathan looked up at Gary as he carelessly threw Nathan's mail on his desk.

"Wait, Where is Anne-Lee?" Nathan asked.

"Sorry, the question you ask was invalid to Gary. Talk another time." Gary rushed out the room. "Girl, he trying to get in the business." Gary although did feel Nathan's sharp stare in the back on his head.