Chapter 16: 2 weeks after

It has been 2 weeks since Nathan had even heard, seen, or smelled Anne-Lee. It had been a hard 2 weeks too. The first week Nathan kept forgetting that she wasn't coming in. Then realized that he couldn't talk to her or anything for 2 weeks. That girl that threatened Anne-Lee showed up a few times to try to change Nathan's mind once more.

This is not what he needed right now.

"I'm really tired of seeing your face."

"Well, What other person would you like to see?"

"Anyone but you."

"Awe, that's not nice."

"I don't like you why is that hard to comprehend?"

"You are going to like me because you know why?"

"I don't care."

"You didn't even guess."

"I don't have time for guessing."

"Well, i'm going to tell you anyway. I have a large amount of money I want to invest in this company."

"So?"

"Well, don't you want my money."

"I could literally give a two shits about your money." Nathan said and called for security. Security came and escorted of the premises. It was the third day and she had already came to annoy him with such nonsense. He wondered about Anne-Lee and what she was doing. Then he looked at his computer the dates on his Google Calendar kept popping up with meetings and appointments. It was her. She was working from home.

She didn't know how to just rest. Then he thought about it she didn't say anything about him texting her. He couldn't hear her voice at all but he didn't find it wrong or against the rules to text her.
Nathan: you are supposed to be resting, stop doing work on my calendar.  (11:20 am)

Anne-Lee: Read at 11:20 am.

Nathan waited patiently for her to text back. He wanted to she those three dots jump up and down but it was nothing.

Anne-Lee stopped working on his calendar she had so much unfinished work but he didn't want her to work. She just rolled over and fell asleep. She hoped that he didn't expect her to text back. It gave her time to think about his words and actions. There was something still telling her that he was still a dog and had told those same things and sweet words to someone else.

Yet, she felt like she couldn't live without him. He was an asshole but he was her asshole. She fell asleep at the thought.

The day before she had to go back to work she had to face him and see if he had really missed her or not. In that moment she would decide whether to give him a chance or not. Whether she would let him open her up like no other man could. She had been with Robin for about 2 years and she still didn't tell him all her secrets. Robin was so uncommunicative but so was she. The relationship was destined to die.

She shrugged her shoulders at the thought. It was 11:50 pm and she wanted to watch a movie. The movies she wanted to watch wasn't on Netflix so she went to a Redbox to see if they had it. It was something about driving at night with good music that made her feel free.

She had made it to Walgreens where the Redbox was located in front of it. She was flipping through movies and was unsatisfied. She eventually she found the movie she wanted to watch. "Get Out." She put her money in the machine and waited. It was 11:59pm and she watched as the time turned to 12:00am.  Then the movie shot out and she grabbed it. Then she felt a knife at her throat.

"If you scream. You die. You are one pretty thing aren't you?" She felt the man's hands around waist. Then she felt it on her butt. A tear slipped out. "With some fine curves too."