Chapter 1: Girls are Confusing

(*-- note)

Len walked out of school. Even though there were many students around him, he felt lonely, but he never showed it. He'd just wear a serious look and pretend not to notice. All of a sudden, a girl jumped beside him on the right and another on the left.

"Hey Rin, what's up with the new look?" said the one on the left. The girl had short, green hair.

Len stayed quiet. Rin... Rin... Rin... he thought as that name echoed in his head.

"Yeah Rin. Like, you should have at least told us. I mean, you never change your look." the one on the right said. She had pink hair. There was a moment of silence.

"Um, Rin? Hello! Earth to Rin!" the one on the right said. Len wasn't the biggest speaker on Earth. The girls realized their mistake.

"Oh no Gumi! This isn't Rin! I'm so sorry!! I'm Rana and that's Megpoid Gumi!! U-uh.. I'm so sorry!" The girl on the right said.

"Forgive us... Hey Rana, you said sorry twice..." The one on the left stated. After a pause Rana blurted out,

"Hey! Don't you speak?!"

"Rana..." Gumi said worriedly, "I'm sure he speaks sign language or something. Er... What... Is... Your.... Name?" She did all kinds of confusing motions trying to act it out.

"Kagamine Len." Len mumbled.

"What?!" The girls cried.

"K-Kagamine!!" Rana blurted.

"Len!!" Gumi cried.

"I know, I know. Kagami means mirror and ne means sound. So what?" Len asked. So what about that stupid name? Geez. Len thought.

"That last name.... That first name... That hair... Those eyes... That style... You must be..." Gumi said. Who on Earth do they think I am?! Len wondered.

"Twins!!" Rana exclaimed.

"What." Len said, demanding an explanation. Twins..? I don't think if I can be twins with myself... girls are confusing. He thought.

"Twins with Rin! Kagamine Rin! You look the exact same. Well, if you'd wear slightly different clothes and put in a bow..." Rana said, pointing at the spike in his hair.

"Not to mention you have the same last name and your name is spelled L-e-n which is the first two letters for "Left" in English while Rin's first two letters of her name are in 'Right'. Plus, they match!" Gumi said. Len was terrible at English and had no idea what 'left' and 'right' were.

"So, you're saying that a person I have never seen, never even heard of, is suddenly my twin?" He asked. The girls smiled and nodded.

Yup, girls confuse me. He thought.