Chapter 19: J.B.F.

Rin and Len were sitting next to each other in a sea of people. Everyone was chatting excitedly about the event they were at.

"Are you excited?" she asked loud enough for him to hear as she smiled.

"Yeah, I've never went to a Luka concert before." he responded at the same volume as her and smiled back. Suddenly, the place became pitch black and the crowd hushed quickly. The stage became lit and out came Luka wearing a small white and dark pink sweatshirt that was short sleeved with a pink dress underneath with swirls of white and darker purple. The outfit was made complete with white gloves with dark purple as well.

"Dame dame yo(no, no don't)!" She sang, then giving a loud 'Wo!' This was her most popular song at that point, Luka Luka Night Fever. It was full of energy and a great opening to the concert, bringing the crowd to their feet from the beginning. After that she sung Lie, Japanese Ninja No. 1, Secret and Interviewer.

"Encore! Encore!" The crowd cried. Luka looked at the crowd. A gentle smile was placed on her face and she gave a small nod. Suddenly, she started a whole new song never heard before by the crowd.

"Just be friends. All we gotta do, just be friends. It's time to say goodbye, just be friends. All we gotta do, just be friends, just be friends..." She sang. As Len had guessed this was Just Be Friends. He figured by the phrase that was being repeated many times over, it had to be the title of the song.

"ukandanda kinou no asa hayaku ni,wareta GURASU kakiatsumeru you na. Kore wa ittai nan darou kitta yubi kara shitataru shizuku. Bokura wa konna koto shitakatta no kana. . . (I remembered early yesterday morning, why do I feel as if I'm gathering piece of broken glass? Blood drips from my cut fingers. I wonder if we wanted to do these kinds of things. . .)" 

She continued. The crowd was hushed completely by the beautiful but painful sound coming from her mouth. However, when the song had ended the crowd erupted with applause. Compared to the applause of the opening song, it seemed no one even cared about Luka Luka Night Fever.

As Rin and Len came out of the main crowd out onto the street he asked her as they started walking,

"Did you enjoy it?"

"Yeah! That last one was amazing! I've never heard it before, have you?" she responded.

"No, I haven't. Maybe it was a new song." he suggested.

"I guess it's a possibility." she said. They both suddenly stopped and stared at each other.

"Well, cya Monday?" Len asked after a moment of silence. She nodded and they both went their own ways.