Chapter 17: The Truth

-An eleven year old girl walked on a large stage fit to have fifty people on it at once. Her hair fell down to her elbows and was tied in a pair of twin tails. She was wearing a cute, pink and simple dress that was knee length. Right below her shoulder was a rectangular sticker that said '#459.' Her heart started to beat faster and louder and she had a little trouble catching her breath.

"A girl?" One of the judges asked curiously, "And what does this girl plan to achieve more than the better, older and smarter people that have come here?" The words were like a dagger being thrown at the girl. Before one of the other two judges could respond though, she declared,

"My name is Hastune Miku, and I have come here to make my dream to come true!" Her sudden and bold words even surprised herself.

"Well okay then," the first judge said as he rolled his eyes. 'I'm sure this brat can't do anything good,' he thought.

A fast, upbeat song started and Miku started to dance and sing gibberish. As an eleven year old, the song was simple and fun. After countless hours of practice, she started the song the best she ever had. Right on cue, she yelled,

"Pi~!" as she ran around in a large figure eight with her arms spread out like wings. This was 'Popipo(vegetable juice).' She hit each note perfectly and on time and her dance was right on too.

As she walked off, she hoped that she would be in the lucky top two-hundred fifty so she could go to the next round.

About a week later, a letter came in the mail with her name on it. Miku picked up the white envelope with her shaky hands. She slid her thumb to the edge of the seal and ripped it open.

"Dear Hastune Miku, contestant #459,

It seems you have entered the Big✮Star Cometiton. However, we are sorry to inform you that you did not make it to round 02. You have been placed number three-hundred ninety-seven. 

Sincerely,

Judges of Big✮Star Singer Competition"

The moment she read the letter, she felt alone as she let out a big sigh.-

'Wow," Len said, "And yet, today you're such a popular singer." Miku nodded. He pointed at a door to a classroom. "That's the art room." he explained.

"Okay," she said, then the two started heading back to math class, "I honestly don't know why I told you that, I really haven't told anyone that." Both of their eyes silently looked around the empty hallways. Finally Len said after a while,

"Who knows." They stopped in front of their destination and looked at eachother for a moment before Miku grabbed the door handle, twisted it and pushed it back to let her and Len in the classroom.