Chapter Thirteen

PETER'S POV

I cannot believe I fell asleep on facetime with her. Probably should've hung up when she said how it was getting late. She called me a hero... and said she's proud of me. How can I not like her now? She's literally a badass angel. Well technically it's figuratively, but you know what I'm saying.

Should I hang up now? I can't even see her face, I only see her pillow. I could probably wake her up if I really tried, "Hey Annabelle, you gotta wake up." nothing.

I heard something from her phone, a woman. Doesn't sound like Mrs. Potts-Stark, probably Black Widow. "Anna wake up you're late for Dr. Banner. He found someone to do the mind thingy. Wait who's on you're phone?"

"What? No one is on my- oh shoot wait." 

Well that woke her up. "Uh hey Anna?" I gave a little wave the camera even though my face is a wreck and I still haven't even gotten dressed yet, "I think we fell asleep"

"Yeah I think we did." she said in a matter-of-fact tone. She started laughing and rubbing her face which was a little puffy but still adorable. "Umm I got to go train but if you aren't busy I'll call you."

I'm kind of disappointing that I didn't get to meet Black Widow but grateful she didn't meet me wearing my pajama shirt. "Okay I'll call you! Bye!"

She gave me an awkward wave and hung up. In Aunt May fashion, she walked in with some cereal and asked me who I was talking too.

"Nobody, just myself."

"Uh huh" she nodded smiling knowing that was a complete lie."So did you and Annabelle have a good night of sleep?" she laughed then walked into the other room. I chased after her following in her footsteps. "I wasn't spying there are thin walls here" she held up her hands to prove her innocence.

"Not cool May" I said clutching my phone in my hand. 

"Soooooo"

"Nothing's going on, just friends. But I might... ya know."

"Say it." 

"I'm not going to say it. Plus Ned would kill me if I told you I liked someone before him."

"Ugh fine don't say it. But I know it's true so it's a win for me no matter what. We should invite her over, get her out of that stuffy building." her face started lighting up with ideas. "Or you could invite her to you're school for a day like and exchange student thing. We could get code names, I could meet Thor again. This is amazing."

"No." I pointed my finger trying to get her to stop it there, "May chill out."

"I have a discount at Applebee's because I did this girl a favor way back in college, I could let you two get half off anything on the adult menu. Unless you just want chicken and fries that would probably be a safe option if you don't know what she likes."

"May stop I'm not taking her to Applebee's."

"You're probably right." I thought I got her to stop but then she gasped and came up with another idea, "One of my girlfriends gave me a gift card to a smoothie shop down a couple blocks, you could walker her there, split a drink, "she started raising her eye brows up and down suggestively. 

"May I meant I'm not asking her out."

"Don't be chicken."

"Look, she's amazing, and beautiful but it's just not the right time."

"When is the right time? Better now than never. You'll regret it if you don't now."

"It's more complicated than that."