Chapter Twenty Five

The Day Before Peter's Birthday

PETER'S POV:

Okay so I like two girls, Liz and Annabelle. Honestly, I think Liz might like me but I thought she did a year ago then she ran off with my best friend. The way she's always posting pictures of the two of us, hanging out all the time, and constantly calling me cute, I can just tell.

It feels wrong hanging out with Liz, especially since I'm such good friends with Anna. In my defense she told me that I could hang out with her. Liz has been vulnerable since the breakup too, I can't not hang out with her. 

I called up Annabelle since it's my birthday tomorrow and just wanted to check in on her. She's going through so much right now even if she won't admit it, "Hey Annabelle how's it going?"

"It's going good... why'd you call?"

"I'm checking in. On everyone not just you!" In my head that was supposed to sound better.

"Okay? Well I'm getting your present together for tomorrow"

"Oh Anna you don't have to get me anything."

"It's a little late for that, trust me."

"So you're just gonna have Happy drop it over tomorrow or?"

"You'll see." she added mysteriously, "I actually have to go in a little bit. I gotta do a favor for Mr. Stark. I'll call you tomorrow though! Happy birthday eve I guess!"

"Thank you too!" That was not how I wanted to end the call but hopefully she wouldn't notice. My phone started buzzing again and I thought it would be Annabelle but it was just Liz. Not that I wasn't happy to see her calling! It's just complicated.

"Hey Liz!"

"Hey Peter. So I heard it's your birthday tomorrow and was wondering if you wanted to go out."

"Like on a date?" My breath froze. My first girlfriend. First girl to really like me, other than that one time a girl in chess club liked me a few years ago. She left me for someone else anyways. Not to mention it's Liz! The it girl. "You mean it?"

"Yeah, it'll be like your birthday present!"

But what about Annabelle? Dating Liz means I can't go out with her, but Anna never even asked me. Things with Annabelle have been great since her night over at my apartment too, other than the occasional interruptions with Liz. I can't do this to her though, it would be worse than what Harry did to me. Going out with the person you like is one thing, going out with the person your friend hates is another. Well to be fair I don't actually knows if she hates her. "Umm Liz that sounds great I just have to check in with my... aunt" I lied. I knew I should check with Annabelle first.

"Okay well I'll be over at 7:30 if your aunt lets you."

"That's great! I'll text you tomorrow. Bye Liz"

"Bye Peter."

Ned X Peter

Ned
Ned my best friend
N
E
D
Dude this is an emergency of very little proportions

Oh my lord Peter what is it
It's not your birthday yet ya know?
This better be important

It is! Liz asked me out on a date

SHE asked YOU

I am going to choose to ignore the capitalized sass