Chapter Twenty Two

Flash forward like a month or so.....

August 10th

ANNABELLE'S POV

"IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!"

"Yeah I know!"

"Why do I sound more enthusiastic than you do?"

"You always sound more enthusiastic than me, I swear you are sometimes a walking energy drink and other times you are like a.... I don't know. The opposite of an energy drink. Besides you just woke me up."

"It's 9 o'clock!"

"Yeah in the middle of summer!"

"Well what are your plans for today?"

"Don't have any, was going to go down to the bakery and get some cupcakes for May, Ned, and you if you can get out of the Tower"

"As thrilling as that sounds, I might have done something for you. Don't get mad!"

"Annabelle I told you weeks ago the Millennium Falcon was enough, I don't need anymore presents." I stayed silent for a few seconds, "But what did you do?"

"So remember when I brought up the crazy idea that you could come over and train or fight or ya know just hang out with the team? And you said that was crazy because it would never happen but you also thought it would be super cool if you did?"

"You didn't you messing with me right now. There's no way."

"I have red white and blue cupcakes that Cap got for free when he went to Target the other day. Ned can come too obviously! And your Aunt May! Are you mad?" 

I'm getting nothing from him, he could've dropped dead on the other side of the phone for all I knew. I asked again if he was there and if he was mad and finally got an answer, "You're telling me, I'm going to be eating my birthday cupcakes, that Captain America bought for me, and celebrate my birthday with Avengers?" 

I nodded even though he couldn't see and then realized he didn't see me, "Well yeah, I could eat the cupcakes by myself, Natasha has been telling me I need to eat healthier food though. Plus it would look kind of sad."

"Oh my god this is not happening! This is absolutely insane Anna thank you! Shit what am I going to wear. What do I say? Oh my god what am I going to tell-"

"I don't see what the big deal is though, they are pretty boring people when you get to know them."

"Thank you! thank you thank you tha-"

"Hey it's your birthday! Relax, breathe. In and out. Remember oxygen is your friend."

"You are my favorite person right now."

"I mean I only had to do like a weeks worth of begging to Mr. Stark, had to wash a few of his cars. Do you know cars need waxing to? Like I hate how cars get compared to women but jeez."

"What time should I come over? Wait actually I'll come over now, and I'm bringing Ned. I gotta be back to the house by seven."

"Why?"

"Liz wanted to come over."

My mind immediately went to all the times he hung up on me because Liz was calling, all the times he texted me back at ten o'clock because Liz was on facetime for the whole day. He has definitely gotten his crush back. And good for him, she's pretty and nice, I feel like blasting Justin Bieber "That Should Be Me" but it is what it is. 

This also is completely my fault, if I wanted to ask him out I should've strapped on a pair of ovaries and just have done it by now. Something is stopping me though, not sure what, it feels weird to just ask Dr. Banner to fix me and make that road block in my head go away.