Chapter Fourteen

ANNABELLE'S POV

They were all acting really weird, maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure movie night isn't a normal thing for them. "So Peter told me his birthday is coming up in August. I thought it would be nice having him here over for like a day or so. Training and just hanging out."

"Ah yes young courting. I remember in my youth there was a beautiful Asgardian girl, I was quite the flirt as you mortals call it. For her birthday I broke into my father's cellar and found a beautiful 1000 year old wine-"

"Let's get the film ready." Bucky cut in.

"Thor I'm not courting him," I whispered smiling sitting between him and Natasha.

"Oh really?" she remarked with a hidden meaning.

"Yes really. Bucky do you know how to put a CD in?"

"What's a CD?"

"Oh right. Hold on I'll do it." I got up and put the movie into the DVD player then sat back down between Nat and Thor again. 

Mr. Stark skipped through all the commercials and everyone was sharing glances that I couldn't figure out. Natasha was giving Mr. Stark a mean stare as they were mouthing something to each other angrily. I couldn't tell what they were saying but she's obviously mad at him.

"What's going on?" I asked Thor knowing if anyone was going to tell me anything it would be him.

"Oh nothing," well I guess nobody is going to tell me anything, "Stark should go get us food. Some chocolate and beer preferably."

"And some popcorn!" Captain raised his hand excitedly.

Mr. Stark got up, he looks like he has a headache or is really drunk. He can barely walk straight and keeps rubbing his forehead. I would've gotten up to ask what was wrong but Mrs. Potts walked in and seemed to have it covered. Until she dropped all the papers she was holding onto the floor with a loud gasp. 

"Nat what's going on?"

"Shh the movie's starting." she pointed at the screen where the loud theme music started. We were watching the first movie, better for everyone's understanding. Mr. Stark came back with a bowls of M&M's, popcorn, Swedish fish, and Whoppers. I immediately went for the Swedish fish and shared it between Thor and I. 

My phone buzzed so I turned off my ringer, but since I knew it was from Peter I opened it. The message read, "Hey, can you talk now?". I told him I was watching a movie and would call him afterwords, Natasha was not so subtly looking over my shoulder to see the texts. 

I was still worried about my necklace, it wasn't like the most beautiful piece of jewelry or super expensive looking. It's just when I'm nervous I like the play with the chain, and it's one of the few possessions I have from my world. I'll look for it after the movie, I feel so irresponsible for taking it off in the first place. I could've sworn I put it in the bowl on the table. I lean over the candy just to double check but there are only some keys and junk it it. Everyone watched me looking in the bowl, probably disturbed their movie watching. I grabbed a handful of Whoppers and popped one in my mouth sucking all the chocolate off it then taking a bite off the center. I wonder if Steve has ever had one before. 

I hummed the theme song under my breath while drumming my fingers on my knees. Steve's emotions throughout the movie were priceless along with Bucky's. Mr. Stark's mind was somewhere else throughout the movie, and I'm desperately hoping I didn't do anything. My assumption would be he's upset the hypnosis didn't work, some people just can't be hypnotized especially under so much pressure. 

After the movie was over Bucky and Thor couldn't stop talking about it. Steve was amazing by all the special effects. Natasha slapped me on the back and went about her business whispering something in Mr. Stark's ear. Now I know it's about me because they both looked in my direction. Before I asked what was going on again Thor slapped my back telling me it was a splendid production.