Chapter Twenty Seven

A/N: Feel free to be mad at L*z, as long as you know the difference to the one I am writing about, the movie one, and the actor. Thanks luvs <3

Caution: Will make you feel extremely single

PETER'S POV

I feel like such an idiot. I got played, again. Not even played. Ned told me she was suspicious, my spider sense was going crazy at that Sushi truck. I should've seen it coming. 

I don't even know why I called Anna. Well, I mean I do, but then again I really shouldn't have. I'm still crazy about her. She's very good at listening too. And her hair, her eyes, everything about her- but she sees me as a friend. Maybe. 

I try to dry off my tears as quickly as I can before she gets here knowing full and well that I got got semi-cheated on. Every time I go to the mirror to check to see if I'm alright I start getting upset again. I don't know why. I wish I had Anna's 'superpower' of not crying in front of others. Being able to switch her emotions at will. I also worry about that because it doesn't seem all that healthy. 

But if crying is healthy I think I must be as healthy as a horse right about now.

The inevitable of her coming over here scares me too. I look like a mess. Given she's seen me on face-time brushing my teeth in the morning, I don't think she will care all that much.

I finally manage to calm down just focusing on how many pencils are in my pencil holder, counting my fingers, just counting anything really. Then I hear my bedroom door slam open as she's running to me tackling me down on my bed with her arms wrapped in a hug around my neck. I heard a muffled, "are you okay?" from the crook of my neck where she was.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

"Don't do that, don't lie."

"I said I'm okay, I meant it. I just don't feel particularly amazing right about now. Mr. Stark drove you here?"

"Peter you better hug me back. This affection seems pretty one sided. It's hurting my ego a little bit."

I quickly wrapped my hands around her back as we just stayed like that for a few seconds before she leaned back to examine my face. She got up off my to grab the tissue box in the living room the sat next to me on my bed. "I'm going to kill her."

"Please don't." I urged as she wiped off the dried tears. "You don't have to do that."

"Please Parker, there's probably two dozen girls on the Spider man fan page that would kill to be in this position."

"You follow their fanpage?" I joked back.

"Oh of course I do! I'm your number one fan. Just sent in a tip the other day saying how you were probably Zac Efron moonlighting as Spiderman. But then they blocked me so... I think I might be kicked out."

"Oh no!" I laughed sniffling as she put the tissue box on my desk.

"Yeah my life's purpose of figuring out your true identity is now crushed. Whatever will I do?"

"You're building me up so much, I think I ought to get sad more often."

"Don't even joke about that." she warned pointing a finger at me as she laid down next to me. "I won't kill her, but are you sure you don't want me to punch her a few times? I'll go easy on her, really drag it out."

"No, just stay here. Lay with me." I thought she was going to push on about the whole beating up Liz idea but she just scooted closer slinging her arm around my waist. 

"Like this?" I nodded back putting my arms around her as well. "Mr. Stark told me to call him whenever I wanna go back... so I was thinking like sometime around Christmas should be good."