Chapter 2 - The Box

(Note - this chapter has cutting and depression involved in it. It is a trigger warning and I want you to be comfortable with my story. So I'd like to warn you about those things. Keep smiling you lovely duckling :3 Also this is still Cady's POV)

I pulled out the thin blade and glass figurine and set them on the floor. I surveyed the room for possible hiding spots until I found the perfect corner. It was in my closet, so it could be easily hidden. I set the figurine down and took the blade in my hand. I pulled up my sleeve and dragged the metal across my skin, making four long, but not deep cuts. I then picked up the figurine. The fragile, once soft, now scarred statuette. I made four tiny cuts on it, this time the ankle of the once beautiful girl. I had a system with this.

Cut my real self.

Cut my glass self.

The statuette was given to me by my psychotic mother. She told me it looked like me. It was a lie. It was too clean, too pure, too beautiful for the damaged girl I was and am.

The girl in front of me looked more like my self inside. She had dozens and dozens of scars, all over her. The glass was soft glass so it was easy to scar. It actually cut through the glass. That is a plus, I guess.

I walked over to the box again to pick out the last item. The most important one. As I walked there, the blood from my wrist ran down in my hand where I quickly collected it. My room was attached to the bathroom, as was Ainsley's, so I went in there and washes off the blood. I bandaged it and pulled my sleeve down covering it.

I sat down in front of the box and pulled out the necklace given to me from my grandmother. My good luck charm. The silver necklace with the words, written in cursive, Beauty. I put it on and kissed it. My grandmother, my uncle, my step sisters and my cousin were the only people in my family who I actually enjoyed. I had two brothers, both awful, as well as my mom, dad and everyone on my dad's side. They were fucked up. All but one. They smoked and smoked and smoked until they died. Most of them at least. In fact the only one from the family I liked was my half sister. She smoked but she was incredibly awesome. She skydived and traveled the world. She was amazing.

On my mother's side there was one half sister who I loved but didn't know much of her. She was just recently introduced into the family. Actually a little bit before I left we met her for the first time. My grandmother, uncle, and cousin were all from my mom's side too.

I got up and changed out of my jeans, and pulled on some shorts, keeping the sweatshirt on. I lied in bed again and slept well for the first time in forever.

I was free.

Hey so uh just a little note, for like age comparison... Cady is 22, Ainsley is 23, the half sister on her dad's side is 30, and the other half sister is 28. Her two brothers are 18 and 15. They might be more introduced and important later. For now they are just background characters. Also the cousin is 10.
Love you you cheeky shit :)