Chapter 1: ᚱᚢᚾᚨᚹᚨᚤ

Hiccup's POV

I can't believe it. I'm going to kill a dragon?! I can't! I can't do it! Everyone is cheering at me, all except Astrid. She's really mad at me for how did I do that trick. Well, there's one more thing I had to do. I'm gonna run away with Toothless. If I killed the dragon, he won't trust me anymore. While everyone was celebrating at the great hall, I started to pack up. I packed everything I had, clothes, pairs of boots, my blueprints, charcoal, and lastly, my mother's dragon-shaped neck crest meaning protecting the dragons. I burst out my window and sneak out of my room to the forge, then I grab some leather, metal, needles, and some tools, then I snuck to get baskets full of fish. After that, I snuck into the forest.

Once I reached the cove, Toothless was there very excited to see me. "Hey there, bud. I know this is a hard one to take, but we have to leave," I said petting him. By the looks on his face, he understands the meaning. I strapped the baskets to secure them, after that, I mounted Toothless. "Let's go, buddy," I said to him, then we flew out of the cove, leaving Berk behind.

Stoick's POV

After the celebration, it was late at night and everyone went into their homes. When I entered the house Hiccup and I resided, I called out to Hiccup, but there's no response. When I reached his room and opened the door, but I only see his window open and all of his things are gone, including his clothes and boots. I burst out of the house and called the village. "PLAN THE SEARCH PARTY!!! READY THE SHIPS!!! SCATTER THROUGH THE FOREST!!!" All of the Vikings are looking exhausted when they got out, and Gobber approached me. "Stoick, what's going on?" He asked in confusion. "Hiccup is missing, and I need to plan a search party to find him," I said, and Gobber agreed before walking away. I told the Vikings to search at the forest and seas, while I was disappointed that my son is missing. 'Oh, Hiccup...where are you?'

Astrid's POV

I woke up from the chief shouting outside. All of us Viking walked out of our houses to see what's going on. As I walked closer to Stoick, Gobber approached him and asked what was happening, and I was shocked that he told him that Hiccup was missing. My mind was speechless as the gang approach me. "What's happening here, Astrid?" Fishlegs asked. "Hiccup was...missing," I stuttered as I lowered my head. I can hear the gang's devastating expression besides Snotlout because he was happy that he's gone. I punched him in the face with great force, leaving his face full of black marks and nosebleed with all of that happiness on him. I stormed out of the group and went into my house as I can feel something wet on my face. Hoffersons don't cry. But when this was on me, I felt that I'm heartbroken hearing that the fishbone's gone. When I entered my bedroom, I realized I had something I never used. I went into my chest and find a toy dragon that looks like a Deadly Nadder. And that's how my memories washed through my mind.

~Flaskback~

When I was five, I was at the edge of Berk crying because I never had Snoggletog with my parents ever since dad and uncle abused me by my mistakes that I haven't done. I was about to go back home when I noticed Hiccup in front of me with a gift box in his hand. He looks kind of worried about me. He placed the box on the ground and left. I looked at the box when I looked at the tag that it was mine. I was curious what it is. When I opened it, I was surprised that it was a toy dragon that looks like a Deadly Nadder. The body was blue with yellow details. I suddenly kinda smiled and started cuddling the toy that makes me happy.

~Present~

My mind washed out as I realize that I was hugging the toy dragon, but I don't mind. I laid in my bed and thinking of what I experienced before saying, "Hiccup, thank you."