Chapter 9: ᚹᛖ ᚴᚾᛟᚹ ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚨᚤ

Hiccup's POV

It's still early in the morning in the Nest while the rest is still sleeping. I went to the kitchen in my dragon form to get some fish from the barrel when someone was already up. "You're up already?" I asked my mate in her dragon form. "I can't sleep. I'm just nervous about what would happen if our mission was failed? What if it's just a myth? What if-" I stopped her. "Astrid, stop. Everything is going to be okay. I promise that," I told her. "Promise?" She asked. "I promise," I replied before Astrid snuggle at me. What a sweet morning to start the day.

After some breakfast, the gang and I are preparing to set off to find Night Fury Island. Mom, Ingrid, and Hannah stayed behind to protect the Nest. As I was packing, I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. When I turn around, I saw Snotlout with a worried face. "Are you sure we're going to do this journey? I mean, Night Furies are rarely existed," Snotlout asked. "I'm sure Snotlout. Besides, that's where Astrid and my mothers come from alongside Gothi," I answered as I hugged him before continuing to prepare. Once we're ready, we took off saying goodbye to the riders who were left behind to protect the Nest.

Astrid's POV

I started to think about the last riddle that was written in the lens while the gang and I are flying towards the west off the map of the archipelago. As I was thinking about it, I didn't notice until Luna coons me. "Don't worry, Astrid. Everything will be fine. Besides, if we don't find it, you should stay becoming the one who reunites two worlds alongside Hiccup," Luna said. "I know, Luna. I hope so," I whispered. As we fly past by islands after islands, I could sense Snotlout worries about me and Hiccup, Fishlegs was worried about Meatlug due to the dragons' exhaustion. After a few hours of flying, I suddenly smell something. The scent of a dragon. "Did you smell that, Astrid?" Hiccup asked and I nodded along with the dragons agreed. For the moment we knew, the gang and I were amazed about the island ahead of us. It was big as a mountain, and the top reached the clouds. As we fly over the top, we could see waterfalls falling from the edge of the cliff. "Uh, is it just me, or is there a village nearby the waterfalls?" We heard Tuffnut asked pointing at something down below. From what we saw, we saw a village that was abandoned for hundreds of years. Watchtowers at the edge of the cliff, village houses around the mountains, there was a plaza at the center, and the Great Hall doors at the front side of the hill. The next one was different. We land at the plaza and unmount to look around. We check the houses that are locked and budged and take a look at the watchtowers. When we finished looking around, we heard Hiccup gasped. We looked at him to find him looking at the statue of a man and a Night Fury. Hiccup knelt to read the letters that are written in Dragonese.

ƒяσм нuмคหร тσ dяคgσหร ƒคя คหd ω¡dε
ωнεяε мคg¡c ¡ร głσω¡หg คหd Ъε тнεм тнε¡я gu¡dε

ห¡gнт ƒuя¡εร คหd dяคgσหωคłкεяร мuรт รтคყ тσgεтнεя
σя εvεяყтн¡หg ωε łεƒт ωσułd vคห¡รн ƒσяεvεя

εvεяყ v¡к¡หgร คяε คłωคყร รσ รтuЪЪσяห
тσ uหdεяรтคหd dяคgσหร нσω тнεყ คяε Ъσяห

ωнεห нuหтεяร cσмε คłσหg тσ dεรтяσყ σuя к¡หd
ωε คяε ƒคя Ъεყσหd คหd łεƒт Ъεн¡หd

ωнεห тнε т¡мε нคd cσмε тσ яεłεครε тнε¡я εx¡รтεหcε
ωнεяε คłł ห¡gнт ƒuя¡εร ωσułd Ъε εxpεя¡εหcε