Chapter 2

"Good morning!" Natalie said. All five of her brothers were already at the table, ready to eat. "Good morning, sweetheart." her father replied. "You're late." her mother said. "I know, I'm sorry I overslept." she replied. "Ridicule." her mother said in French. Since her maternal grandparents were French, Natalie and her siblings were fluent in the language. Their mother expected them to know every word in French, by the age of ten. And they did. Natalie sat down and was served some soup made by their personal chef.

"So, are you ready for tonight?" her mother asked. "Cheri, let the poor girl eat first." her father chimed in. "I'm just asking a simple question, Richard." she answers. "Mother, the dinner is eight hours away." Natalie said annoyed. "Mother! I finished eating, can we go play football?" asked her middle brother. "Okay, that's fine. Just don't go too crazy." she says. Her two other brothers follow him. "So, how is Charles?" she asks about her eldest brother. "He's good. You know, ever since his engagement with Sarah, he's been walking on air." her mother replies. "Did they set a date yet?" she asks. "Yes! A month from today, actually." she answers. "That's great! How many guests will be attending?" Natalie asks. "About 200." her mother replies. "Wow!" Natalie says.

"Thank you, it was splendid." Natalie says and excuses herself from the table. She goes upstairs and looks in her closet. Natalie was quite a fashionista, and everyone knew she had impeccable taste. "𝘩𝘮𝘮, 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘳 ?" she thought to herself. She picked out a white sundress with delicate flowers on it and hung it on her door.

At one point, she almost forgot about the dinner until her mother barged in her room

At one point, she almost forgot about the dinner until her mother barged in her room. "Why aren't you ready?" she asked. "Because I still have an hour..." Natalie replies. "You should start getting ready." she says. "Mother, you are more excited for this dinner than I am... and you're not even going!" Natalie said and laughed. Her mother rolled her eyes and left the room. Natalie took the curlers out of her hair. She was left with gorgeous curls. She put some oil in her hair, to add shine and started to put on some makeup. She went with a pinkish- red lip and put on her dress. It hugged her waist perfectly and matched her pumps. She put on some pearls, because as her mother always said, "pearls are always appropriate".

She sat back down and started reading her book. After some thirty minutes she heard the doorbell ring. She heard her mother running down the stairs. "Slow down, mom you don't wanna break anything" she mumbled and rolled her eyes. "Richard!" her mother called out. "Jack! It's good to see you!" her mother exclaimed. "Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Lavoie." he replied. "How do you do Jack?" asks Natalie's father. "Oh, I'm well. And you?" he replies. "Same here." her father says.