Chapter 39

'you're gonna look back on this as one of your mistakes.
how can i let you know that your heart's gonna break?
he'll love you in the morning and he'll love you the next day,
how's he gonna love you when he's ten thousand miles away?
i see a big part of me in you,
that's why it hurts, girl you say that we're through.
missing part of me but girl i'm missing all of you,
it's the things that you do.
how hard you're gonna push her until she breaks?
i know that you have dabbled in mistakes.
she'll love you for a lifetime, but that thought's not in your mind.
she's gonna grow up, she's gonna grow up and leave you behind.
i see a big part of me in you,
that's why it hurts girl, you say that we're through.
you're missing part of me but girl I'm missing all of you,
it's the things that you do.'

"What is wrong with me?!" I cried, Katie wiping away my tears.

"Babe, nothing is wrong with you." She said.

"Then why the fuck did he cheat on me!" I screamed.

"Because he's pathetic! He's a piece of shit that let her do it! He was fucking sober and she was drunk, he's a fucking twat and you have to accept that!" She yelled, holding both my shoulders and shaking my body back and forth. I took a deep breath in and she exhaled loudly, holding my hands.

"I know. I know Katie." I said, standing up. "Can I go to work now?" I asked.

"You have to have a shower and get dressed first, hun. And i'll drive you" She said, getting up and putting an arm around my shoulder.

"I don't want to have a shower. Why can't I just put some pants and shoes on?" I asked with a hint of aggression.

"If you want to, do that. Come on, we have to leave in fifteen minutes." She replied, so I walked upstairs with Katie trailing behind me.

It had been a day since I found out that Alex had cheated on me. Katie had flown over since she didn't want me to be by myself each hour of the day, hence the reason why she came back down to London. She was living with me now, in a little apartment block I had bought recently, since I wanted to move somewhere different. She had enrolled me in a part time job at a clothing store down in Southwark, about 15 minutes from here. Today was my first day, and despite not wanting to go, Katie told me to and wouldn't back down from it. I had already grown depressed, and it was taking over my body minute by minute, so staying on task was becoming extremely difficult.

I had found the rest of my outfit so I slipped that on, lacing up my boots.

"Any makeup?" She asked but I shook my head. I grabbed my phone and my clutch purse, standing up.

"Let's go" She smiled, but I didn't return it.

I couldn't even force one.

***

"Call me if you need anything, don't do anything stupid, keep a smile for the customers, d-"

"Katie, shutup. I know what to do" I said, turning my heel. I was being a moody bitch but they understood, I was so angry at Alex and spent the whole of last night crying. I got out my phone and saw that I had tons and tons of missed calls and texts from Alex, so I decided to block him. The messages were gone and it started to vibrate, so I answered it.

"Hello?" I answered, seeing the shop.

"Bella, it's Matt. Are you ok?" He asked.

"What the fuck do you think? Prick." I spat, hanging up.

I really wasn't in the mood to put up with anyones shit today.

There was another incoming call from him, but I ignored that and stepped foot into the store, immediatley seeing the manager run up to me.