Chapter 36

As the crowd barely moved, I grabbed hold of Katie's hand and dragged her through the crowd, earning a few swear words every now and then. We finally pushed out and walked through the festival when my phone buzzed.

we're here. come find us x

Alex sent, causing me to groan. Katie grabbed my phone and read the text, laughing and passing it back to me. As we walked around for about five minutes, somebody grabbed me from behind and lifted me over their shoulder.

Alex.

"Oh my god let me down!" I squealed, hitting him as he ran through people, some taking photos. As he kept on running, he eventually slowed down and I got onto his shoulders, walking around into the night

The Next Day

We arrived at the festival where Alex was due to play in about 1 and a half hours. I was going to see Chvrches with Katie, so Alex and I met her with Jamie.

"See you soon babe, be safe" He kissed my cheek as I smiled up at him, Katie and I running off. After 5 minutes of battling the crowd, it was obvious that we weren't going to get to the front, so we stayed more in the middle. I got on Katie's shoulder for 'Lies' and she got on mine for 'Gun', and we both jumped up and down and sung along to as much as we could. 'Recover' was her favourite, so I recorded most of that for her and took a lot of photos, phazed by the lights and how pretty it looked. The show was amazing, and the last song they played, 'The mother we share' was absoultely crazy. Sweaty bodies were jumping up and down, deafening screams were heard and it all eventually came to a stop. Pushing through the crowd once again, we eventually spilled out and walked towards the Monkeys' stage, taking us about fifteen minutes. A burly man in black stopped us, so I pulled our passes out of my bag and showed him. He grunted and pointed somewhere, so we nodded and started to walk. As we stepped off the grass and onto the stairs, we eventually find ourselves in the position to see the crowd. We gawked at how big it was already, but kept on going to find the boys. We pushed through a door that said 'Arctic Monkeys' and saw them all sitting on milk crates drinking beers other than Alex, who was buttoning up his shirt.

"Alex, we don't wanna see your boobs!" Katie squealed as Alex rolled his eyes.

"Shutup you" He grinned, Jamie then standing up.

"What the fuck did you just say to me wife?" He held his fist up as Katie winked at me.

"Boys, not now" I laughed, putting Jamie's arms down. He sat down while still glaring at Alex who was now fixing a chain onto his neck.

"Where's Breana and Kelly?" I asked.

"Back at the hotel" Nick replied and I nodded.

"Want a beer love?" Alex asked me.

"Yeah, that'll be good" I smiled as he threw me a bottle, the cold glass landing in my hands. 

***

We stayed backstage because we wouldn't get a good spot in the mosh pit anyway. As the show came to a close and they walked back, I put out my cigarette and got up, smiling as they walked into the room.

"Another successful show boys, well done" I high fived Jamie, Nick and Matt and hugged Alex, kissing his cheek.

"You were great" I pulled away, smiling at him.

"Thankyou love" He smirked, putting an arm around my shoulder as he placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Would you like to go out to dinner before we leave tomorrow?" He whispered in my ear.

"Sorry Al, I really don't feel like going out tonight" I frowned.

"It's ok darl, you look tired" He chuckled, rubbing my shoulder.