Chapter 12: The Devil's Daughter & The Bubblegum Dreamer

Hello everyone! Clippy here with another chapter. Okay, overview, Johnathan had hit Angela, and she is now being taken in by the 'stranger' Adria Rossi. But, we have gotten to know who Adria is, but let's see how this goes.

Enjoy!

Angela smiled faintly at the stranger, the girl leading her into a room. The moonlight danced on the stained glass, the curtains flowing as the evening breeze chilled the area. Angela plopped down onto the mattress, rubbing her face on where Johnathan had hit her.

Adria leaned on the wooden pole beside the bed, crossing her arms right below her chest. "Anytime now," the girl finally muttered. 

"What," Angela says, confused. "W-What are you talking about?"

The girl scoffed. "I didn't bring you in here for you not to tell me why you got beat up," Adria mumbled. Angela looked up at her sadly, fumbling with her fingers. "I didn't get beat up - we just got into a disagreement."

"'Bout what?" Adria shot back, braiding a strand of her own hair. Angela sighed, "I just wanted to take the alcohol out of my apartment-" 

Adria laughed, "and you said something!?" Angela's silence made Adria shake her head in disapproval. "Girl, you don't know the first thing about relationships," she breathed, judgement sneaking into her mutual tone.

Angela sighed, "but it is my apartment!" After getting another look from Adria, she huffed and went silent. Her migraine returned as she stopped talking, not having anything else to focus on except avoiding all eye contact.

"Honey..." Adria started, then stopping herself. She smirked; she could really have some fun with this.

"...You are overreacting, duh," Adria shot, not a hint of guilt evident in her confident tone. Lying had come easily to her; it was just the candied truth.

Angela paused for a moment. "I am?" She finally mustered. Adria sighed. "Your boyfriend doing that is him just telling you that you did something wrong."

"He could just talk," Angela muttered, "he knows that I would listen!" Adria rolled her eyes. "It's easier just to smack you across the face - when have you ever seen a boy who wants to talk about his feelings?"

Angela's first thought was the prince, but she knocked it from her thoughts. "T-True," she finally spat, defeated. Angela had never seen her parents do this - but what did she know? They had never told her anything; they didn't even know she was dating a boy.

Angela didn't have any other resources to believe, so she trusted this girl instead. "Thanks," she breathed, getting a nod in reply from Adria. "Also," Adria mumbled, "if you really want to avoid getting hit, then you should try and take care of yourself." 

"...I thought that I did," Angela mumbled. Adria laughed. "I mean stuff like your dark circles, your frizzed-out hair," she breathed, "and would it hurt you to put some make-up on for once?"

Angela felt a strand of hair between her fingertips, looking back up at Adria. "Okay," Angela replied, still unsure about this. "Look," Adria breathed, "who knows more? You, or me?"

"You know stuff?" Adria laughed, "well, duh." "I dated almost all the cute guys from my old village," she added swiftly, "and I didn't get through them all by being stupid."

Angela's eyes widened, nodding at her. "Okay," Angela smiled, more confident about the statement. "Excellent," Adria breathed, Angela waving as she shut the door. Adria rolled her eyes, Lila slamming open the bathroom door.

"Why so nice to that filthy girl," Lila muttered. Adria rolled her eyes, "the prince kissed her, Lila. She obviously has feelings, and I'm just using guilt to trap those feelings."

"And the prince obviously wants her - and that's why he didn't come up to my room," she added with a mutter. "Yeah, that's why," Lila mumbled. Adria glared at her mother, not even daring to call her that anymore.

"If you want the prince, you take down his girlfriend," she put simply, "that's how you become queen."

***

Lila stretched out her arms, leaving her daughter's room. She strayed down the hallway, both her hands stuffed in her dress pockets. It was past two in the morning, but Lila still wanted to see if the palace still had its architecture.

Of course, she was still angry at Marinette for stealing her crown. The only way to get back was to get her son hooked up with her no-good daughter. Lila couldn't really say she loved her daughter; the only things that she had loved came with glistening gems.

She heard the echo of footsteps, hiding behind one of the poles. Hugo Agreste stopped in the middle, shuffling through all of his papers. 

Her eyes widened slightly. The prince had stolen Adrien's eye-catching looks, as well as his piercing emerald eyes. His thick midnight-colour hair swayed gently with his slight expression shifting.

Lila glared at the boy; he really was his parents' son. The maid from before then had walked up to the prince, handing him a tray with his steaming coffee. He tossed her a silent thank you, noticing her face.

"What happened to your face," the prince asked, demand etched into his tone. "Nothing," she replied with a huff. His brows furrowed, still not letting go of the topic. "Johnathan?" He proposed; Angela rolling her eyes.

"God no - why is that always your first guess?" "It's not a guess if it is right," Hugo shot back immediately. Lila's eyes widened; no, he was his grandfather's clone. Bits of his parents entwined the Gabriel Agreste clone, the prince not knowing one bit of who his grandfather really was.

He had always admired his grandfather, not knowing what he was truly like. His parents put off telling him, not wanting to upset him greatly when he found out the truth. 

Angela huffed in the distance, Hugo still eyeing her bruise up and down.

"I appreciate your concern," she breathed, "but I'm fine." "You don't look fine at all, Angela," he shot back. She had looked much better than she had in her daughter's room, but she was too invested in the teens' conversation to pay attention.

"I talked it over with a friend, it's fine," she finally settled as Hugo sighed deeply. "What are you doing up this late even?" He then asked skeptically. She slit her eyes, "I know you like staying up this late, and I wanted to make your coffee."

He smiled slightly, "workaholic, I see." Her eyes widened. "YOU TAKE THAT BACK HUGO AGRESTE!" He laughed, "Shush! You'll wake up the entire palace with your screeching," he smirked at her crossed arms.

"In all seriousness, get some sleep," he breathed, "that is an order." "Only if you sleep too," she finalized. "How about I escort you back to your room, and I go to bed whenever I want since I'm not a five-year-old."

She sighed, linking arms with him, "you know I can never say no to a midnight walk with you," she smiled widely. The prince's faint smile and blush made Lila Rossi cover her mouth. "Adria better get that prince back," she swore under her breath.

Well, so Lila walked around the palace undetected. Guards go brr. Prince-boy is dialling back in romance, and Angela still somehow feels some for Johnathan. Sometimes I want to introduce Angela to a healthy relationship.

ANYWAY, stay tuned! Have a great day/night :)!