Chapter 15: Arguing & The Prince's Soft Heart

Hello!! Clippy checking in. So, we see some more of the iconic love triangle in this chapter. So, let's get right into it.

Enjoy!

"Johnathan," Angela says. "you slipped me a drink, didn't you." 

He smirked. "No, you're the one who asked for a sip of mine." 

"I DID NOT!" Angela shouted back. "Who are you going to trust," he sighed, "the girl who doesn't remember that she called the prince hot yesterday, or me?"

Angela froze. "I what-now?" 

He rolled his eyes, "Nothing." 

"No, no," she said stiffly, "I called the prince what?" 

"God - it was a joke, Angela," he spat. 

Angela made a long "oh" sound as she came to the realization. Of course, she got an eye roll as a reply to this.

Angela plays with her fingers, looking up at her boyfriend shyly. Remembering Hugo's words from before, she huffs slightly. "Could we take away the alcohol from the apartment?"

"Absolutely not," Johnathan scoffed. "I thought we talked about this before." 

"Yes, I know," Angela shot back, a bit of annoyance laced within her tone. "I just think that we should actually do something this time-"

"I'm circling back to my first statement," he grumbled. "It's not very hard to not consume alcohol-" 

"It is for me!" Angela shouted, then grabbing her temples furiously. "Hangover?" Johnathan asked.

"More like blood loss migraine," she mumbled. "I got a nose bleed yesterday." 

"Oh," he spoke mindlessly; his attention had drifted entirely from the previous conversation.

Angela's eyes slit, fumbling with her fingernails. She wanted to speak up, but Adria's advice rang in her ears, telling her not to. She had no one else to trust; it wasn't like her parents were together at most times.

Her father worked outside the palace as a doctor, occasionally gaining a pinch of time to write simple letters to his family. Contrary to this, her mother had the occupation as head maid of the palace.

Angela had the job as one of the laundry maids, also known as the girls who had picked up slack from the other workers at the palace. Angela, being the daughter of the head maid, was assigned most of this work.

Because of her constant business, Angela had lived a sheltered life. She had never been able to visit stores or shops in the towns outside the palace, nonetheless be able to have a boyfriend.

Johnathan had met her while delivering the food supply for the palace banquet those weeks ago and had been very assertive at first. When he offered her a date, she couldn't figure out if there was a way to say no; besides, she deserved to have some fun in her life.

Those weeks ago. So much has happened between then and now.

"ANGELA!" Johnathan shout, Angela jumping. 

"What?" She groaned, annoyed he had interrupted her train of thought. 

"I've been calling you for the last five minutes," he grumbled, "pay attention."

"Sorry," she mumbled. "What is it?" 

"Can you pass my whiskey from the cabinet over there?" He asked, his tone lowering. Angela passed it to him, huffing as she sat down.

"No," he raised the bottle out of her reach. "You're already hungover."

"I'm not trying to drink it," she mumbled, "just pass me the bottle so I can open it."