Chapter 19: Blinded

Hey everyone! Clippy here with another chapter. So, we have just seen Hugo get akumatized, and now we have to see what happens from there! Will Lady Rouge be able to manage? I mean I hope so-

Anyway, enjoy!

Her majesty was safe, and that's what Lady Rouge was thankful for. She had to conquer this akuma solo. Part of her wondered if Monsieur Noir was testing her. He better not be, she'd be furious.

The only sound she heard was the pat sound her feet made. It was like running on soft snow. Quiet and subtle. She was still deathly terrified of the storm waiting for her.

She heard a small crunch. She leaped out of the way as Night Hunt looked up. "So," Lady Rouge cuts herself off. She didn't want to get into a whole conversation with him.

Night Hunt was silent. Quieter than snow. Snow came out with a scream and landed silently on the pavement. Night Hunt yelled in rage, and Lady Rouge jumped out of the way.

She was shaking. The time in between start and run was too short. He still didn't speak a single word. The silence was deadly.

"What a pity," he finally says. Lady Rouge had her cold glare set on him. She didn't flinch. "You're not going to make this easy, are you."

Lady Rouge stood still. He chuckled darkly. "Not so talkative are we," Night Hunt says. His laugh was sick. He wrapped his hand around her throat. He moved quicker than light.

She pried herself out of his grip. "I'm not talking to you." She says. "I'm not talking to someone without a soul."

She jumped up. She used her yo-yo and swung herself back onto the ground. She still couldn't see anything. Just the faint glow of his white, blind eyes.

Night Hunt scoffed. "Why would I be surprised, you're lying as well."

"I wonder who you are beneath that silicone suit. I'm sure you'd be a whole different person."

He continued on. Lady Rouge didn't reply.

"What are people we know but programmed knights drenched in secrets and lies." 

Lady Rouge shook her head. "A person with a soul wouldn't say that."

"I HAVE A SOUL!" He shout. Lady Rouge flinched. She snapped out of it.

He cleared his throat. "My soul exists, Miss. Rouge. You're just too naive to see it."

He thrust his magic at her, forming a blade in his hands. Looked too familiar to her, she couldn't tell though. He formed claws where his nails used to be. His teeth were sharp.

Lady Rouge skidded on the marble floor, but leaped up to dodge him. She hit his head with her yo-yo, and wrapped it around his neck.

"You're not even listening," he spat. The yo-yo's grip tightened. He chuckled darkly. He grabbed the string and thrust her into the wall.

She grasped her shoulder. She sucked in a breath. "Lucky charm!"

A matchbox. She grabbed a single match.

"Where's the light in darkness," she says. She walked up closer to him as he backed up. His blade disappeared.

He was...scared.

"Just a drop." She says. "I would like to see your face."

She lit the match.

He growled and burst into a loud explosion of a noise. She saw a glimpse of his eyes. Snow-coloured eyes. It's as if someone sucked the life out of him.