Chapter 13: The Fight

Hey everyone! So, based on the last chapter, we realize that Adria and Angela had their conversation. So, it seems Adria is trying to manipulate her, let's see if anything happens.

Enjoy!

Angela rolled over, meeting Johnathan's closed eyes. "Hey!" She whisper-yelled. "Wake up, Johnny." He rubbed his pupils, annoyed by the sudden call. "What is it," he muttered, his eyes still shut.

"Sorry about yesterday," she sighed sadly. "Hmm?" He sighed. "Since when do you apologize?" She slapped him lightly as he chuckled. "I talked with a friend about it-" "Who?" Johnathan demanded immediately.

"Adria Rossi," Angela replied, unsureness creeping into her tone. Johnathan calmed down once more. "How interesting." "Anyway," Angela darted back to the topic. "You know you can always talk with me, right?"

He nodded slightly, Angela sighing. "Good." She put simply, frustration leaking into her voice. He huffed, falling back to sleep as she played with a strand of his hair. After a minute, she forced herself out of bed, tossing her sheets onto her boyfriend.

After contemplating life while sitting on the edge of her bed, she then stood up for good. This hangover wasn't treating her nicely.

Tikki sprang into action as soon as Angela shut the bathroom door. "Good morning!" Tikki chimed happily. Angela smiled, her mouth filled with scrubbed-down toothpaste. She replied with a muffled "good morning," immediately rinsing out her mouth as her mind-timer hit zero.

While she threw on her usual attire as she slipped on her black flats. While she stretched a hair tie, she put her hair into a large bun on top of her head. Loose strands stuck out, Angela trying her best to tuck them behind her ears.

Adria's voice about "looking more attractive" rang slightly in her head, but she had to ignore it. She was about to be late for work, and she knew her mother and prince had needed her.

***

Hugo sighed, the sound of pen scratching his paper skidding to an end. After he finished, he leaned back into his chair, Plagg seizing the opportunity in front of him. "No Plagg." Hugo shot before Plagg could open his mouth. "Breakfast is soon, I'll get you camembert then."

Plagg huffed silently, landing softly on one of his stacked piles of paper. "What're you doing anyway?" Plagg mumbled, slightly annoyed from his owner's previous remarks.

"I just finished narrowing down the girls to 25," he breathed, "and I completed the letters necessary for the action." Plagg rolled his eyes. "Why can't you use the same one for each girl?"

Hugo stood up, pausing at the doorframe. "If I am going to send most of the girls away, might as well do it somewhat nicely."

Plagg shrugged at these remarks, Hugo opening the door with a sigh. His assistant scurried up to him, handing him his checklist for the day. "Good morning, your majesty," he started hurriedly. Hugo nodded in reply, sipping the dark roast he got handed to him.

"Okay," the assistant muttered, "there was a slight problem." "Do speak up," the prince intruded before he could say more. "Yes sir." He replied.

"I gave you the list of girls who had birthdays this month - so you could get rid of them." His assistant explained further. "Well, it seems that there was one missed, and we now need to set up party preparations."

"Please tell me you're joking," Hugo swore under his breath. "Sadly not, your majesty," the assistant huffed. Hugo rubbed his temples, taking a deep breath.

"Begin party preparations for tomorrow at 5 pm sharp, and alert the girls before breakfast is served at eight o'clock." 

His assistant nodded, running off immediately before the prince began to grow angrier. Hugo straightened his cravat, eyeing his sister as she caught his peripheral vision.