5.

Giselle
Later that night
10pm

"Baby, I need to talk to you." I spoke softly, watching as Abir's tall lanky figure moved around the room as sweat poured off of his body.

We'd just gotten finished having rounds and rounds of sex and I laid there feeling as if I couldn't even move. This was really becoming an everyday thing and I didn't even know if I could keep up with him at this point.

"What's up, ma?" He asked, coming back over to the bed while I laid there exhausted, looking up into his eyes.

"I just need to talk." I went on saying and he nodded slowly, getting back into the bed before pulling me on top of him.

"Gon' head, you got all my attention."

"Well.." I trailed off, straddling his lap now while he looked up into my eyes deeply, making me nervous to even speak.

"I don't know."

"I just need to vent, Abir."

"Aight. I'm listenin' to you, ma." Was all he said and I nodded my head, looking down at my fingers now as they softly traced over the tattoos on his chest.

As I did, I couldn't help but to look down at the gang's tattoo he'd had on his stomach. It broke my heart to see it and it actually discouraged me more to even have this conversation.

"Abir, I-" I started but stopped, feeling a lump forming in my throat.

"I don't want to lose you." I ended up saying, breaking down completely as tears fell softly down my cheeks.

"I just want you to stop."

"Huh?" He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, sitting up a bit now as he held onto my waist while I still sat on top of him.

"Baby, whatchu' talkin' bout'?"

"This business, Abir."

"This gang. I just-" I stopped again, wiping my eyes.

"I want you to stop."

"I need you to stop."

"What you said to me last night.." I trailed off, shaking my head.

"I can't get it off of my mind and honestly, if it happened, I don't know what I would do."

"I just-"

"I want you to get a legal job and do right, Abir."

"We have a baby on the way." I expressed to him in full, finally letting out my feelings and I can't say that it didn't feel good to.

I'd needed this. For a while now, even before our talk.

I just needed him to know how I felt.

"What?"

"Where all this shit coming from, G?" He asked, sitting up completely now as he leaned up against the headboard and I looked into his eyes.

"You lettin' them fake ass bitches in your head again?" He went on asking, obviously upset now and I shook my head, rolling my eyes.

"No, Abir."

"Then where this shit coming from, Giselle?" He spat.

"I'm tryn' make money for us."

"Not have you working at yo' grandma store the whole time you pregnant with my son." He went on explaining and I nodded in understanding but this was much more than that.

"And I understand that but Abir there's other ways." I went on expressing and he scoffed, shaking his head.

"Nah."

"I love you, G.." He trailed off, looking me in my eyes as he wrapped his hands around my waist.

"And I'a do anything for you.." He went on.

"But I ain't feelin' that."

"What do you mean you're not feeling that, Abir?" I asked, getting defensive now and he shrugged his shoulder carelessly like usual.

"It ain't just me and you no more, G. My son coming and I'm gon' need y'all to be straight."

"Ain't no leaving this." He shook his head seriously and I couldn't believe he was actually saying this to me right now.

"This shit tatted on me for a reason, ma."

"Ain't no walking away from this shit." He spat.

"So just fuck how I feel?"

"Fuck how it effects me?" I asked and he just looked me in my eyes as I continued to straddle his lap, feeling like a complete pregnant idiot.

I'd gotten pregnant and agreed to have this baby before knowing any of the repercussions.

I was beginning to regret this. All of this.

"You don't care about leaving me alone to take care of our son-"

"or daughter-" I corrected.

"If something happens to you?" I went on saying and he sat there with no care in the world. Being as nonchalant as he could right about now.

"Listen.." He trailed off, shrugging his shoulders.

"You left when I was legal, G." He threw in my face for the hundredth time and it instantly broke my heart all over again.

"It's too late to back out of this shit now."

Saying nothing else about it, I cried softly to myself as he watched me closely. I sniffled hard, getting out of his lap completely as I made my way to the other side of the room.

Sitting down in the small chair, I cried my eyes out, feeling completely hopeless. I didn't know what I expected from this talk but it sure wasn't this.

He'd basically just told me he wasn't going to stop and there was no other way out of this except him being taken away from me for good. All because of his pride and because I left three years ago with no other option but to.

Shaking my head, I began to regret a lot of things, including my pregnancy. I didn't want to have a baby like this. I didn't want to have to raise a baby alone without the dad because of something that could have been stopped or prevented now.

Trying my hardest to brush my thoughts to the back of my mind, I sat there with my head in my hands. Still saying nothing at all, Abir just watched me cry and I could tell it didn't faze him.

This gang, this business, meant more to him than anything. Even me.

Before long, he ended standing to his feet before making his way over to me. He grabbed my hands and pulled me to my feet before he wrapped his arms around me. He held me tightly while I cried and I'd silently hoped that he was coming to his senses.

"I love you, G." He ended up saying, warming my heart.

"And I ain't never tryn' make you cry.." He trailed off.

"But I meant what I said to you, ma." He spoke sternly and all of my hoping had went completely out of the window.

He obviously wasn't going to stop for anything.

Not even me.

*