21.

Epilogue soon.

Giselle

"You want anything to eat, GG? The doctor said you have restore that iron, since you lost so much blood, baby." My auntie asked me and I shook my head quietly while I laid down in the hospital bed.

I was distraught in this moment and I didn't want anything. The only thing I truly wanted was my baby back.

"Just grab her something, she'll eat it later." My maw maw went on saying and I continued laying there while Mila, Lani and Angel rubbed my back.

"It'll be okay." Was all I kept hearing them say to me but I didn't believe it.

This was all my fault and I'd never forgive myself for it.

Breaking me away from my thoughts, I heard loud commotion going on in the hallway.

"Abir, baby, calm down." I heard Ms. Johnson say as the room's door bursted opened and he came rushing in, letting his eyes fall directly on me.

They told him. Was all I could think, instantly thinking he was mad at me.

I watched as he rushed over to my side and when he did, he pulled me in for a hug. I cried hard while he held me in his arms. And though I was an emotional wreck right now, his arms were warm. I felt safe here.

We stayed like that for about 10 minutes before he cleared the entire room, asking everybody to step out so he could talk to only me.

"Let me talk to my girl." He told them as he held onto me and everybody began to leave as asked.

When they did, I became highly embarrassed, keeping my face hidden in his chest. For some reason, I felt like less of a person, less of a woman. I couldn't even have a baby correctly.

"Baby." He called for me, trying to get me to let him go but I couldn't. I didn't want to look him in his face.

"G, baby." He called again as he slowly backed away from me and looked down into my eyes.

"Talk to me, ma." He practically begged, looking at me with sorrow-filled eyes.

"What happened?"

"Is it true?" He went on asking and I looked down as I frowned, letting my tears fall freely.

I'd already figured they'd told him even though I'd told them not to tell him but at this point I was glad they did because it would've been harder than I'd thought.

I couldn't say this to his face.

"Is it true, baby?" His voice cracked as he asked again and I looked down at my hands, nodding slowly.

"Yes." I broke down as he roughly pulled me into his chest, letting me lay my head there again. I could feel his chest heaving up and down as he held onto me tightly.

Saying nothing, I continued bawling as he kicked off of his shoes and slid into the bed beside me. He held onto me as tight as he could as I cried.

"He's gone, baby. Our son is gone." My body shook rapidly and he kissed my forehead before sighing deeply.

"It's all my fault. I should've been a better mommy, Abir." I went on saying to him, believing every word coming out of my mouth.

"What?" He spat, pulling back to look at me again as I sniffled, looking into his eyes. 

"No the fuck it ain't." He spat seriously.