4.

Giselle
9am

Waking up to the shower running loudly, I slowly sat up in Abir's bed before looking around me. My stomach was aching and my head pounded from the headache that I'd seem to mentally build up last night. I was overthinking everything and I'd barely gotten any sleep.

My mind was all over the place.

Sitting there, the thoughts from Abir and I's talk last night flooded my mind.

What if he dies?

What if somebody tries to take his life because of this street stuff?  I couldn't stop thinking.

I was going through it at the moment and of course this was nothing new to me. I'd already knew that Abir was involved with stuff like this ever since I'd found out about it when I first got back but now that I was pregnant, things were slowly changing.

Especially my pushed over feelings toward this business.

Picking my brain for what I wanted to do next, I instantly remembered that he'd snuck and put something into his dresser last night. Wasting no time, I got out of the bed and made my way over to it.

Opening the drawer that I'd saw him use, I dug around a bit before I felt something under his folded clothes. Quickly grabbing it, I pulled it out and furrowed my eyebrows when I did.

It was a very small baggie and it had a clear substance inside. It sort of looked like cocaine, which I'd already knew that he sold but this was different from that. This one was hard and it almost looked like clear candy or chopped up pieces of soap.

"What the hell?" I said to myself, inspecting what was inside of the bag before I heard the shower stop completely and then moments after, hard footsteps coming closer and closer to the room.

Panicking, I grabbed the baggie tightly and put it inside of my bra before I closed the drawer completely and made my way back over toward the bed.

As soon as I sat down, the door opened and Abir walked into the room with a towel wrapped around his waist. He looked at me with a smirk while I smiled small, feeling both guilty and curious before he made his way over to his dresser.

My heart dropped, watching as he began to pull clothes out. I silently prayed that he didn't notice this bag of whatever missing as he did and thankfully he didn't. He just grabbed his clothes, dried off and began to get dressed.

"You aight, ma?" He asked, looking at me while I sat there perplexed.

I simply nodded, trying to get my mind under control.

"Where are you about to go?" I finally spoke, looking down at my hands now while he put on a grey hoodie and grey sweats before he went to his closet and grabbed his white air forces.

"I'm bout' to go handle some business, ma."

"You know.." He trailed off and I looked at him, while a million thoughts went through my brain.

"What's wrong?" He asked while I sat there, looking down.

"Nothing." I lied, looking back up at him.

Saying nothing, he looked at me a while before coming over to me and grabbing my hands. When he did, I slowly stood to my feet and looked up into his eyes.

"I'a do anything for you, G."

"You know that?" He went on asking, looking down at me.

"Anything."

"You my heart." He placed my hand over his heart while I looked up into his eyes.

"You, my son and my mama, baby."