3.

Abir
8pm

"Yo, Bir!" I heard my name as soon as I pulled up to the block.

Looking out of my window to see who it was, I seen the homie, Chaz, standing on the corner with Kann and Tone.

"Oh shit." I chuckled to myself, stopping in the middle of the street before I slowly got out the whip to greet this nigga.

"Yo!" He spoke loudly as usual as I walked up on him with a smirk on my face.

"I know this nigga ain't back in the hood." Was all I said as he roughly dabbed me up while Tone and my Unc laughed.

I didn't know this was what they meant when they said a nigga was tryna get down with us. Chaz wasn't just any nigga. He was my right hand man back in the day.

Of course before all of the bullshit went down.

"Damn. What's up with you, nigga?" I asked him as we pulled back to look at each other and we walked down the block a little bit to get some space.

"Ain't shit, nigga. I ain't seen you in a minute." He went on as we started talking our bullshit.

"Man, that's cause yo' ass moved out Cali and forgot about a nigga."

"Heard you wasn't in this street shit no more." I said to him and he laughed, shaking his head.

"Nah.."

"I had to lay low for a minute. You know how it was.." He trailed off.

"Fa'sure." I nodded, leaning up against the wall.

This nigga Chaz was a menace back in the day. He was way worse than me. He had all kinds of allegations and charges on him but him being pinned for murdering his girl, at the time, was the icing on the cake.

That nigga had to get the fuck out of dodge once he slid on that case.

"That shit over with now though, so you know it's back to the block. I'm tryn' get down with y'all."

"You know I been tryna get down with y'all since before. Shit just wasn't the right timing."

"I'm ready now though. This legal life ain't never been for me." He shook his head and I agreed, pulling out a wrap.

"Real shit, bro. I feel you." I scoffed to myself.

I couldn't see myself living a legal life no more. A nigga had plans but all of them included drug money.

"How yo' new girl though? I heard you got a seed with her now and shit." I went, changing the subject while I took the time to roll my blunt.

"Yeah, man."

"I got a daughter now. My lil' shawty just turned three."

"My girl cool too though, finally getting over all the bullshit that was said about a nigga back in the day." He went on saying and I nodded, thinking about G now.

"That's good shit, bro."

"I got a seed on the way right now, my shawty only two months though." I went on telling him, not really liking to tell our business and shit but he was the homie so it was cool for the moment.

"Yeah?" He asked in shock, making me smirk.

"Yeah, nigga."

"Nah, ain't no way." He shook his head in disbelief.

"With who, nigga?" He asked and I gave him a look before lighting my blunt.

"Nah..not by G?" He continued asking and I nodded, taking a pull from my blunt.