17.

Giselle

"It's not mine." I pleaded again as tears welded up in my eyelids and Abir stood up straight from the wall, grabbing the drugs out of my auntie's hands before coming over to me as his tall figure towered over me.

"Bir." Tone and Kann called at the same time but he wasn't listening to them or anyone else for that matter. And the way that he was looking at me, I knew he wouldn't listen to me either.

I'd never seen him look at me like this.

"Tell me the truth, bro." His deep voice spoke as if I meant nothing to him. He was talking to me like he does guys on the street and I stood there sadder than I'd ever been.

I'd obviously had no one on my side in this moment.

"Who you been fuckin' that gave you this shit or brought this shit here, G?" He went on asking and I stood there with nothing to say.

I didn't know what to say.

"Because this my shit." He pointed to himself.

"This the gang shit." He went on saying, looking over to his uncle and Tone.

"So I know it's somebody from this hood and if it's one of the homies, I'm tellin' you now, I'm gon' black, bro."

"You ain't seen shit yet."

Looking up at him as he awaited my answer, I stood there quiet as a mouse. I was too scared to even talk now.

"Man.." He smacked his lips, chuckling to himself.

"You got five seconds, G."

"On blood, bro. On the set." He snapped, throwing his hands up as he threw up gang signs. My breathing increased as I looked up into his eyes in fear because I knew he meant every word.

But I'd never expected this to happen with me.

"It's not mine, Abir. I didn't bring anyone here." I ended up saying to him as more tears built up into my eyelids and he just looked down at me, obviously not believing me at all.

"It's not mine. I swear." I went on saying again as I cried hard, looking up into his eyes and I watched as his hard look finally softened before he sighed heavily.

"It ain't her's." Was all he said, walking away from me as he gave the drugs back to my auntie.

"I know my girl." He went on saying as he came back over to me and I cried hard as he pulled me to him, letting my cry on his shoulder.

I bawled my eyes out as everybody began talking about it and they ended up chastising Tone about bringing drugs into the house since he was the only suspected culprit now. Considering he dealt them and he lived here.

I wasn't even paying attention now though as I blocked everybody out. I couldn't believe all of this had just happened and I was shaken up by it. I was completely out of it now.

Letting me go as I pulled back to wipe my tears, Abir grabbed my hand as we made our way out of the living room and up the staircase as I stayed silent.