11.

Giselle
Next morning
8am

Laying in bed, I listened as the birds chirped loudly outside of Abir's room window. I was again left in bed alone at 8 in the morning when Abir didn't even have to be at work until 11.

Scoffing to myself, I shook my head as I laid there feeling like a complete idiot. I'd allowed him to play in my face for two whole weeks, thinking that he'd really went and got a job.

Who the hell was I kidding?

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt but now he was taking complete advantage leaving me whenever he wanted. At anytime like I wouldn't suspect anything. He must've really thought I was stupid.

I laid there a while longer before I leaned over to grab my phone. When I did, I didn't have any messages or any calls from him and that further proved my claims. Taking it a step further, I called his phone just to see if he would answer.

I laid there, letting it ring a few moments before I'd ended up getting the voicemail. Hopeful again, I tried calling once more but ended up getting the same result.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I tried my hardest not to cry. In the back of my mind, I knew this would happen, I knew that he was lying to me but I tried my hardest to think otherwise because I just wanted us to be happy.

It'd been a long four months, it'd been a long summer. We had enough drama and I was ready for us to finally be regular again but I guess Abir wanted other things.

Wiping the loose tears that cascaded from my face, I heard the front door open downstairs but I was already content. He'd most likely lied to me, just to make me shut up.

And I fell for it.

I listened as his hard footsteps came walking up the staircase and soon after he walked into the room.

"What's up, baby?" He said to me with a smile on his face and a breakfast bag in his hand but his smile instantly dropped once he saw my face.

"What's wrong?" He asked seriously and I sat there, looking at him.

"Whatchu' crying for, ma?" He put the bag down, walking over to me.

"Where were you, Abir?" Was all I asked as I wiped my face and he looked at me stuck.

"Whatchu' mean? I went to go get you some breakfast, G."

"Before 8 in the morning?" I asked, not convinced since he'd left last night too and came in at 3am.

I wasn't stupid like he obviously thought I was.

"G-"

"Just stop lying to me, Abir." I cut him off before he could say anything else.

"Where were you?" I asked seriously and he smacked his lips, trying to walk away.

"Abir." I called again but he completely ignored me now as he walked out.

"So you're ignoring me now?"

"Ain't shit to talk about. Yo' ass being dramatic as usual."

"I'm not being dramatic. Just answer the question."

"Man.." He flagged me off and I raised my eyebrows.

I couldn't believe he was acting this way with me. That's how I knew he had something to hide because he wouldn't be acting like that.

"You know what."

"Answer me or I'm leaving, Abir." I said to him and he stopped in his tracks, turning to look at me.

"What?" He turned his lip up and I looked at him seriously.

"You heard what I said." I spoke softly as he gave me a death stare but I didn't care.

"Where were you, Abir?" I asked again and he sighed deeply, taking a step back to lean against the door.

"I went to go get you some breakfast, G. That's it." He continued on saying as his tall figure stood there and I could tell that he was lying.

He wouldn't even look me in my eyes.

"I got yo' breakfast and came straight back to you, ma."

"Then why didn't you answer your phone?" I challenged, just trying to prove myself right.

Because I knew I wasn't crazy. His dodgy behavior already confirmed that.

"Baby, I just seen your call. I wasn't paying attention to my phone-"

"I don't believe you." I blurted out, tired of his lies as I stood to my feet and he looked at me in disbelief.

"I don't believe you because you're not even looking me in my eyes and since when do you just leave without saying anything, Abir?"

"You-" I started but stopped, shaking my head.

"Empty your pockets." I ended up a saying, remembering that last night he'd emptied his pockets of everything in them before getting into the bed with me as if he had something to hide.

"What?" He screw faced me, looking down at me while his tall figure now towered over me.

"You heard me, Abir."

"If you just went to get breakfast then empty your pockets." I expressed to him and he licked his lips before turning his head away from me.

I stood there waiting a long while he continued leaning on the door with his head turned away from me.

"I'm waiting." I said to him and he scoffed.

"Aight, G.." He trailed off, looking at me as a small smirk appeared on his face.

"Let me talk to you first."

"No." I shook my head as tears welded up in my eyes.

"Empty your pockets." I said again and he smacked his lips, dropping everything out of his pockets like I'd asked and my heart shattered when he did.

Bags and bags of cocaine, weed and the drug I'd seen before in his drawer feel out of his pockets, along with wads and wads of money wrapped in rubber bands,

He looked at me guiltily as tears poured down my face. He tried to reach out and grab me but I roughly snatched away, leaving the room completely.

I was done with his lying ass

*