6.

Giselle
Next day

"Hey, GG." Ms. Johnson spoke to me as I sat down on the couch, watching Abir make his way upstairs.

"Hi." I spoke quietly, trying my hardest to keep myself under control after what had went down last night.

I was on edge right about now.

"You okay, GG?" She asked me and I nodded with tears at the rim of my eyes but I didn't let them fall.

I didn't want anybody to see me cry, there was no use anyway. It wouldn't change Abir's mind. This street life was his life now. Three years away and I couldn't compete with what he'd become.

Not even while being pregnant.

"Are you sure, baby?" She asked again and I contemplated telling like I usually do but it was far too late as Abir come jogging back down the staircase.

"Come on, G." He called for me and I stood to my feet while Ms. Johnson still eyed me, obviously not believing that I was okay.

"Aight, mama. I'a see you later."

"You need some money before I leave?" Abir called out and she broke her gaze on me before waving him off.

"No, son. I'm fine but come here a second and let me talk to you." Was all she said and he nodded, giving me his keys to go to the car before I made my way out of the house completely.

-

I sat in the car a long while, looking down at my hands. My mind was all over the place. I'd tried to tell myself that this was nothing new and he'd been doing this so I should be used to it by now. Things were just different now though because I knew there was no backing out.

There was no end to this but the end. And what did that mean for me? I didn't ask to be pregnant and have a baby alone.

I don't want to have my baby alone. I thought to myself, overthinking completely now.

I can't do this. I went on.

Startling me from my thoughts, the driver's side door opened as Abir got into the car with a mug on his face. He wasted no time starting the car before he zoomed off down the block, grabbing my hand with his free hand afterwards. He then kissed the back of it, looking at me out of the corner of his eye.

"You my girl." He spat sternly to himself, focusing on the road ahead.

"Fuck she talkin' bout'." He went on upset and I could tell him and his mom must've gotten into it about me.

I didn't even have to tell her that something was wrong, she'd already knew.

The rest of the ride was silent as we made our way to my mom mom's house. When we got there, Abir pulled up on the block and all of the guys that were usually on the corner, were standing outside on the porch.

He wasted no time parking and hopping out to greet them as I did the same, speaking to everybody then making my way into the house to leave them be.

As I walked in, I saw everybody in the living room and I plopped down next to Mila who had a scowl plastered on her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked her while Lani and Angel chuckled.

"Her and Poodie broke up." Angel spoke up for her and I raised my eyebrows in shock, looking to Mila.

"For real?" I asked and she nodded frantically.

"That nigga told me if I wanted him out of the gang then I can't be his girl because I'm not down to ride."