8

Lisa worked at a radio station not far from the apartment complex she lived in. There was a night bus that directly took her there and was only a half hour drive.

A DJ's working hours are flexible, and Lisa's midnight program lasts from 12:00 to 2:00 in the morning.

Everyday Lisa would leave at 11:00 p.m., take the bus to the radio station, host the program, then get home at around 3:00 a.m. afterward.

Jungkook who had recently worked the night shift didn't know Lisa would leave every night for work. He would return early in the morning and assumed she was still in bed. So two people who shared a home for so long, one didn't deliberately explain, and the other didn't deliberately ask. Xia Feng thought Lisa was still searching for a job, as she was a recent graduate.

The night breeze was cool. When Lisa went to work tonight, she wore her newly bought shawl and the bus arrived at the entrance of her apartment complex on time.

Lisa's driver smiled when she swiped her card to get on the bus.

"Girl, off to work again tonight?" Bus drivers travel long distances with different people every day. It's a lonely profession, so they liked chatting with regulars.

"Yes."

"Is it still at 2:00 at the gates of the radio station?"

"Yes, I won't be late today."Lisa smiled, took out a cup of hot coffee she bought and handed it to the driver. "Thank you for waiting for me yesterday."

Yesterday, Lisa exited the station two minutes late. She thought she missed the bus, but when she passed the gate, she saw the bus on the opposite side of the road, the driver waving at her. Lisa's mood then was as warm as the hot coffee she held now.

"Coffee, just the thing to keep me from falling asleep!" The driver grinned.

Lisa laughed, and continued further into the bus, finding a seat.

The night bus was usually swift. Sometimes when the driver saw nobody under the stop sign, he would continue to drive without stopping. Occasionally, a few people working night shifts get on the bus.

After two stops, the bus opened its doors, and a middle-aged man wearing a suit entered. He swiped his card, footsteps staggering, and passed Lisa to sit on the chair behind her, emitting a strong smell of smoke and wine.

Lisa quietly opened her window, trying to disperse the strong smell of wine, but perhaps because he sat too close to her, the thick smell of smoke made her want to choke. After a few minutes, Lisa decided to sit on a different seat.

Moments later, as she attempted to stand, her clothes were pulled by something. Looking back, Lisa found the man, who was probably too tired and fell asleep, leaning on top of her shawl.

Lisa thought about it, but in the end didn't wake the man, simply took off her shawl and went to sit on the other side of the bus.

The neon lights outside the window seemed more gorgeous on the dark night, but the obvious fatigue of the people outside was too stark of a contrast. Lisa felt as if she returned 10 years ago, to the Lisa who went to work and stayed until 1 or 2 in the morning, the Lisa who resembled a cutthroat female general. The old Lisa who would fall asleep on the bus, how many times was she awakened by the bus driver at the terminal? When she started making money, she began to drink Chinese medicine to regulate and nourish her stomach.

"The next stop is the radio station!"

Hearing the reminder, Lisa stood, returned to her original seat and patted the man on the shoulder.