49

Jungkook and Eunwoo surprisingly had no scheduled surgeries today. So when they finished their rounds, they managed to have dinner in the cafeteria on time for once. When Jieun entered the canteen, she filled a tray with food, then approached the two figures sitting on a table by the window.

Eunwoo had been busy drinking soup when he noticed Jieun sitting down across from Jungkook, causing him to immediately spray out a mouthful of soup.

"Why are you so disgusting." Jieun passed him some napkins.

Eunwoo glanced at Jungkook as he coughed. Seeing that Jungkook wasn't overtly shocked by Jieun's arrival, he simply bowed his head and focused on his food, not taking the initiative to say hello.

Feeling that the atmosphere was getting awkward,Eunwoo tried to find a topic to talk about: "Cough, right, Jieun, I remember that Dr. Lane is staying here for a month? Are you going back to America afterward, or are you staying?"

Dr.Lane was Jieun's mentor in America. City Hospital recently invited Dr. Lane to come and teach, so Jieun followed him here as his student.

"I'm going back to America first, after all, I still have two months before I finish my studies." While saying this, Jieun sneaked a peek at Jungkook.

"What about after you graduate? Are you going back to your children's hospital, or are you going to work here at City Hospital?" Eunwoo asked.

"I was invited by both hospitals, but I'm still undecided." Jieun saw still glancing at Jungkook.

Jungkook finished his food, put down his chopsticks, and took a napkin to wipe his mouth. Looking towards Jieun, he asked her: "Jieun, did you look for Lisa yesterday?"

Eunwoo froze, his eyes turning to Jungkook.

When Jieun passed the lipsticks to Lisa, she knew that Jungkook would definitely find out. It seems that she troubled Lisa yesterday. Jieun felt smug at this, but her face remained neutral as she replied: "Yes, I was really embarrassed that I took the lipstick you bought for Lisa, so I brought it back with me from America. I happened to meet her yesterday in the pediatrics ward, so I took the chance and gave them back to her."

"Thank you." Jungkook said.

"You're welcome!"

"But our relationship's now a little awkward, so if there's anything else you think of in the future, you don't need to bother sending it back." Jungkook said with a smile.

Jieun's expression stiffened when she heard this, looking at Jungkook incredulously.

Eunwoo was also surprised by Jungkook's attitude. This gentleman rarely spoke to women so directly, let alone towards Jieun.

"How can I do that? Those lipsticks were expensive." Jieun said.

"It doesn't matter, it's not like my salary's low, I can comfortably shower Lisa with gifts." After Jungkook said this, he stood up, "I'm done eating, so I'll go ahead first."

Without waiting for a reply, Jungkook walked out of the canteen.

Eunwoo glanced towards Jieun, only to find her looking sullen, the chopsticks on her hand broken.

"I'm done too. You take your time and eat slowly." Eunwoo resolutely escaped, leaving Jieun to smack her broken chopsticks down in the table.

Eunwoo managed to catch up to Jungkook and was shocked as he asked: "What happened yesterday?"

Jungkook pushed their office door open and replied: "Try to gossip less."

"No, no, you have to tell me, that seriously scared me. You actually didn't give someone face and it's Jieun, and more importantly, you did it in front of me." Eunwoo said.