46

Lisa's cold eyes made Jungkook's heart tighten. With Jieun's sudden appearance and the awkward atmosphere, Jungkook suddenly felt like being a little impulsive.

"Lisa, come over." Jungkook lifted a hand towards her.

Lisa paused, then slowly walked towards Jungkook.

"Let me introduce you, this is-"

Jungkook hadn't even finished his sentence when Jieun took the initiative to stretch out a hand towards Lisa. Interrupting Jungkook's introduction, she said: "Hello, I'm Jieun, Jungkook's-"

"Ex-girlfriend?" Lisa smiled as she cut Jieun off, taking her outstretched hand for a shake.

Jieun was surprised at Lisa's actions and smiled awkwardly: "It seems that Jungkook mentioned me to you."

"Of course." Looking back to Jungkook, Lisa continued, "I knew about you on the day we met."

Jieun's face turned stiff at this. Glancing at Jungkook, she reluctantly said back, "Pediatrics still need me for some things, I'll be going first."

"Alright." Jungkook nodded.

Jieun swept her gaze towards the two people holding each other's hands. With one last smile, she turned and started to walk away.

Just when Lisa thought she had won the round, Jieun suddenly turned back and looked at Jungkook, saying: "Right, my colleagues wanted to hold a welcoming party for me. Now that you're back, you should be free so come enjoy the night with us."

"I..."

"I checked beforehand, you don't have any scheduled surgeries. I'll see you tonight." Jieun said before turning a corner, disappearing from their sight.

Lisa listened to her parting words and lifted an eyebrow as she looked at Jungkook, waiting for his response.

Before Jungkook could open his mouth, the doors of the operating room opened again. Lisa abandoned Jungkook and rushed to the door with Rose.

"Mina, Mina." The two each took a side and looked down to their friend.

"Don't worry, the mother's condition has stabilized and when the anesthetic wears off, she'll wake up. Let us move her to a room first." The doctor explained as he pushed the bed.

The crowd thanked the doctor and followed the bed through the ward.

Jungkook saw that Lisa was leaving. He rubbed his forehead: He didn't know if he just got lucky or not.

At this time, a sneaky figure peeked behind a corner before rushing towards Jungkook: "Did you see?"

Jungkook lacked any mercy as he raised a hand to hit the man running towards him: "So you knew, why didn't you tell me in advance."

Eunwoo dodged the hit and quickly explained: "I only found out about it two days ago! I wanted to tell you but since you were facing against Lisa's parents, I didn't want to burden you. I was going to tell you the moment you came back to the hospital, but I had surgery earlier in the morning. Look at me, I'm still wearing my scrubs."

Jungkook gave him a look, ah it was useless to stay and chat, he needed to find Lisa.

"where are you going?" Eunwoo followed Jungkook, sniffing for gossip. "You haven't told me what happened when they met. Did they fight? Man, when I saw I didn't dare come out."

"Eunwoo, you just live for this type of excitement don't you?" Jungkook raged.

"Yes, I do." Eunwoo readily admitted this with a straight face.