16

Jungkook read Lisa's reply and smiled. It looks like she was having a good time back home.

"Jungkook, there's a beautiful woman outside looking for you!" The hospital rented 2 apartments for the doctors who came to the United Stated for the exchange program, 1 for men and 1 for women.

Jugkook and Soohyun along with another male colleague lived together. As they were here to work hard, they rarely get weekends off so it wasn't unusual for Soohyun to be carrying takeout when he rushed to Jungkook.

Beauty? Jungkook was confused, but went out anyway.

"Jungkook?" It was Jieun. She was wearing a black and red skirt, making her look sexy and charming as she sweetly smiled at him.

"Jieun?" Jungkook was somewhat surprised, and asked, "Why are you here?"

"I haven't seen you!" Jieun was unhappy as she petulantly said, "You came all the way to New York without telling me, I had to ask around for half a day before I found you."

In fact, Jieun knew early on that Jungkook was coming to New York, but she didn't reach out to him, instead waited for Jungkook to meet with her voluntarily. But a week had passed since his arrival and Jugkook seemed to have no intention of talking to her at all.

So the anxious Jieun came to him in person.

Jungkook didn't know what to say, after all, the 2 had long broken up.

"You're so guilty!" Jieun pretended to be angry and said, "I'll forgive you if you invite me to dinner!"

Jungkook knew that Jieun was trying to give him an out. After thinking for a while, he eventually nodded and said, "OK!"

Jieun smiled and settled down.

The 2 people went to a nearby shopping mall to eat steak, Jieun skillfully took the menu from Jungkook's hands and said, "Let me order for you. The steak and dessert in this restaurant is pretty great!"

Jungkook, who didn't like to eat steak very much, silently nodded.

After a while, their meals arrived. Jugkook quickly started to cut his steak, but Jieun started to sigh and complain, "Although the steak is delicious, cutting through it is so difficult."

Jungkook looked up, stunned. He was that Jieun only managed to cut a small piece of her steak, so he swapped their steaks and said, "Let's switch then!"

"Thank you Jungkook!" Jieun said happily, "Your hands are truly meant for handling knives. You cut steak so well."

Jungkook smiled politely and didn't say a word.

"Jungkook, you know what? This is the first time I've had steak since I came to America!" Jieun suddenly said.

"Why?" Jugkook knew that Jieun liked to eat steak, so this information was a but unexpected to him.

"Because there wasn't anyone here to help me cut the steak."

Jungkook focused on cutting his own steak, as if he never heard Jieun say these words.

"By the way, what happened to aunt after her operation? How's her recovery going?" Jieun saw that Jugkook stayed silent, so she quickly changed the subject.

"She's with my father in Hainan, recovering well." Jieun answered.

"I used to listen to you talk about your parents and I've always admired them. When I come back to China, I'd like to see them. Hey, didn't aunt like Leonardo? I'll ask my friends if they can get an autograph!" Jieun said.