Forever In Love

I clenched my fist to knock on the door of the potions lab, tingles bubbling through me as I crushed my nerves with my tensed hand. 

The door swung open, inviting me inside the comforting classroom. My heart raced in my chest as my beloved Hecate entered my gaze. 

"Anastasia?" she said, questioning my unexpected appearance. 

"Ana," I corrected. 

She raised her perfect eyebrows as I took a step closer. In her left hand, she held a jar of herbs as she stood next to the shelf, organising some potion ingredients. 

For a split second, I considered backing out. Leaving the door I had just entered. But with that, I would be leaving a life of love and wonder. So I stayed. I let go of my fear and I looked my precious angel in the eyes. 

"I can see everything clearly now. Everything I once believed to be true has been proven false." 

I expected Hecate to ask for an elaboration. To question my irrational statement. But instead, she placed the jar of herbs she was holding back onto the shelf and further closed the proxemics between us by taking a step towards me. 

"I have to tell you something," I said, my eyelids trying their hardest to shield my tears. 

"I have something I need to tell you, also," she replied, her tone soothing, softer than silk, pupils glistening solemnly as they united with mine. The sensations I'd experienced that time in the woods seemed all too familiar as I stood in the homely classroom before Hecate. 

The gentle whistle of her breath danced its way into my ears as I let her warmth consume me. I allowed my eyelids to stop guarding my tear ducts, tears flowing freely from my eyes in which ever way they wanted. 

My clenched fist relaxed as I became fully focused on Hecate. I allowed everything else to drift away. Hecate was all that mattered. 

Her closeness to me in that moment was truly magical. I made no judgements of the situation. I let no fear cross my mind. Everything was real and true. The most real I had ever felt. 

I released a sigh, all my remaining anxiety releasing with it. I was completely calm as I embraced the aura of my love standing before me. Noticing the tear peacefully falling down my cheek, I allowed myself to say what I had been wanting to say for far too long. 

"I'm in love with you, Hecate." 

The world stood still as if paused for everyone but Hecate and I. 

Two pools of water sprouted in Hecate's twinkling eyes as she took one final step towards me, our bodies almost touching. She raised her arm and her soft, icy fingertips met with the bottom of my chin, her gorgeous, long nails, black as the midnight sky, gently holding my face. 

"I'm in love with you too, Ana," she said. 

We leaned in and without any resistance, my fantasy became my reality as our lips met, lightly dancing together. The tender skin of her lip brushed past mine freely as I let every emotion I had ever experienced pour heavily out of me, leaving my body in a state of pure love. 

Shivers of tenderness passed through every cell in my body as Hecate's cold hand touched my cheek. Our lips pressed harder against each other as passion boiled up inside of me. I laid my left hand on the side of her slim waist as my right hand made its way up to Hecate's beautiful face, touching her skin as the kiss grew more passionate. I acknowledged and embraced the fact that my love for Hecate was so much stronger than my fear. 

Love poured uncontrollably from my lips and I received Hecate's love in its place. I used my thumb to wipe a tear from her face and felt the sensations of the moisture absorbing into my hand as I did so. 

Her minty breath released onto my face as our lips parted. 

The world was yet to unpause, still allowing Hecate and I to be one with each other without any distractions. 

A smile pursed on her lips as more water droplets escaped her tear ducts, mine doing the same. With my hand still in contact with her cheek, my skin absorbed more of these tears and sadness, joy, pain, love and every emotion Hecate was feeling intensely flooded into my body, allowing me to be at harmony with Hecate. As her feelings rushed through me, mine transferred into her, letting her feel everything I had ever felt about her. My shoulders lifted as the weight of the impurities in my soul disappeared, making myself fully exposed to Hecate. 

I hesitated when I thought about how she was seeing all of my feelings. She could see all my love for her. 

But then I realised there was no need to hesitate. 

Because Hecate loved me back.