Act II Ch. 8: Darkley's

Not long after your conversation with Acrylic about gifting Lloyd the Artisan's Ring, breakfast was made and served by Kai. Not the best chef (but better than Cole, to be completely honest). You enjoyed your morning meal with the others.

The Bounty had sailed through the air, flying back to Ed and Edna's place. After Nya used the ship's advanced technology to scan for snakes (which, thankfully, there were none left), Ed and Edna were dropped off. They shared their long goodbye's before the Bounty departed, soon taking off back into the sky. The ship sailed to a nearby coast, where it's now parked within the ocean, a beach visible on the horizon.

All the ninjas were ordered outside for an early morning training session. Hourglass was chilling outside, too, enjoying the salty breeze from the ocean while he watched you and your team. Acrylic and Lloyd were both inside, doing whatever Lloyd wanted to do (which usually meant either gaming without asking the ninja or training in that one room). Sensei began the stretches to get your body fully awake and ready to work, and the four ninjas beside you began their conversation.

"What'd you even dream about?" You heard Kai's hushed voice.

"I saw the Falcon again," Zane mentioned.

"Woah, woah, woah," Jay quietly shook. "The last time you saw that bird, it led you to the Bounty!"

"And you said it helped you find (Y/n)!" You barely heard Kai whisper. You raised a curious eyebrow at that. Zane followed that falcon to find you...?

"What'd it show you this time?" Cole inquired.

"This time," Zane began, "it showed me the Green Ninja."

"The Green Ninja?!" You were startled out of your focus as the three ninjas shouted in surprise.

Sensei, of course, turned around at the commotion. "That looks like the 'shocked monkey,'" He jokingly pointed out. You swear you heard a snort from Hourglass. "Bad form. More focus, ninja." Sensei faced away once more, leaving the four ninjas to dive right back into their conversation.

"You can't just drop a bomb like that!" Jay whisper-yelled. "Spill the beans!"

"Yeah!" Kai reiterated. "What else did you see?"

"He was fighting Lord Garmadon," Zane answered shortly.

Kai nodded. "That's what the prophecy said: that the Green Ninja would defeat the Dark Lord. But did you have a chance to see which one of us was him?"

Zane shook his head. "I couldn't tell. He shared attributes each of us possess. Fire, Earth, Lightning, Ice, and Art."

There's that again. You couldn't help the stress building up in your heart as Sensei called aloud, "Now, 'pinching crab!'" You quickly changed your position, the four other ninjas following suit as they continued whispering to one another.

"Tell us everything!" Kai exclaimed quietly. "And don't spare any details."

You glanced ahead to see Sensei stop performing the 'pinching crab,' silently turning around and narrowing his eyes at Kai. Sensei then began to approach Kai.

"There has to be a clue that says which one of us is gonna be the Green Nin—"

Sensei grabbed Kai by his hair, harshly yanking him backwards and cutting Kai off of his rant. "Ow, ow, ow! Hey!"

"What is so important to ignore my teachings?" Sensei interrogated.

"Uh, nothing!" "It was nothing!" Kai and Jay replied simultaneously.

"We don't talk while you teach, Sensei," Cole added hurriedly.

"Everyone was paying attention," Zane finished.