Act IV Ch. 9: Forgiveness

The world drifted by like a dream.

(Y/n) sat at the bottom of a cavern staring up at the hole that flooded the world with light. The world shifted, and (Y/n) was in the arms of a robot of iron and copper. Again, everything changed, and (Y/n) was brought to a medical room, somewhere away from the cavern.

Everything faded in and out of existence. (Y/n) felt no pain, however. They felt they should be able to get up and meet the world, yet their mind and body constantly drifted into an unknown place of mist and fading lights before slowly returning to the world they belonged.

For a long, long while, (Y/n) was trapped in this strange sense of limbo.

And then, you awoke.

The feeling of the world around you quickly settled, and you took a long breath in and slowly released it. You could feel the blanket upon your body, covering all but your arms. One arm was draped over your body, while the other lied beside you. There was a bit of discomfort coming from your other arm. You gently turned your head, feeling the soft pillows beneath shift at your movement. The room was dark, but a tall, non-complicated machine beside you emitting just enough light to let you see. A tube connected the machine to your arm, which was where the discomfort was coming from. The machine seemed to only be offering your body simple fluids.

You gently sat up. You didn't feel much of anything as you moved against the bed and its accessories. Everything was a bit numb. You saw that you were wearing only a plain t-shirt and soft sweatpants. You wondered where you ninja gi went.

There were three individuals in the room with you. It was difficult to see them all in the midst of the night, but you could still make out their shapes. A boy in a pair of green pyjamas and a girl in space pyjamas were asleep up against a large stuffed bear, and you noticed a sleeping horse of sand and fabric with a large pair of bat wings upon his back nearby.

Lloyd, Harumi, and Hourglass.

Your gaze flickered between the three before you rubbed at one of your eyes. Your mind was scattered and fuzzy. Those had to be their names, but your head just felt... empty, in a sense. You knew the three. You can vaguely remember hanging out with the three, but you certainly feel like you weren't remembering everything. 

How had you ended up in this situation? Your memories were so scattered and broken, you couldn't properly piece anything together. There were a lot of things you weren't remembering, and the fights that you could remember would've surely left you with injuries.

And yet, you were physically fine. Drained and confused, yes, but ultimately fine.

It was the middle of the night. As much as you wanted to wake the others in the room, you didn't want to bother them. The three cared about you. They must be really tired, worrying about your safety.

At the same time, though, you couldn't sleep. You felt tired, yes, but you didn't want to go to sleep again after being possibly unconscious for so long.

Not only that, but you were hungry.

You inspected the tall machine beside you. It stood upright upon a few wheels. You gently pushed the machine, and the wheels silently rolled. You pulled your blanket away and moved your feet over the edge of the bed. You tested your body and stood up. You didn't feel sore or injured in any way.

With the machine by your side, you quietly left the medical room in search of something to eat. You glanced around the hallway before exiting the room and making your way to the kitchen.

The world was so quiet. All you could hear were the distant ocean waves, the soft winds outdoors, and your footsteps as you travelled down the hallway. The light from the machine was enough to help you watch your step as you found your way to the kitchen.