Worldwide Celebration, Part 5 of 5

The sun shone through the window and blinded you.

You took a moment to shift around in bed and roll over. When the sun refused to leave you alone, you slowly got up and rubbed the tiredness from your eyes. You swung your legs off of your bed and glanced at your nearby nightstand. You had a small digital clock upon the small table.

11:19 A.M.

It took you a moment to realise what time it was. Once it sunk in, you jumped out of bed and scrambled out the door. You dashed to the kitchen and pulled to a stop right at the entryway.

You were quite surprised to find Echo and Edna in the kitchen. Echo was cooking some scrambled eggs, and Edna was making sandwiches beside Echo.

"Oh, hello, dear!" Edna noticed your appearance and offered a wide smile. "How did you sleep? You must've been very tired!"

"I... slept okay," You gave a small shrug. "I didn't miss breakfast, did I?"

"Not exactly," Echo replied with a small shake of his head. "Acrylic insisted on letting you rest, so we told everyone to get something simple for breakfast!"

"We're making different types of sandwiches for brunch!" Edna happily chimed in. "Echo is helping me make egg-salad sandwiches. He's such a quick learner!"

Echo beamed. "Thank you!"

You grinned. "You two will be okay, right?"

Edna nodded. "Of course! Don't worry yourself so much!" She looked your way with a warm expression. "Echo talked quite a bit about the dinner you and his brother made with him! You should take as long of a break as you want!"

You quietly laughed. "It's not really much of a problem, but thanks..."

"What kind of sandwich would you like?" Echo then asked you.

You looked at Echo in surprise before deciding on something simple. You tell your friends your choice before waving and heading back to your room. You were quick to change out of your pyjamas and head back to the kitchen.

You simply stood in the kitchen idly chatting with Edna and Echo. You had asked when Edna had arrived, and she said that Ed drove her, Cole, and Jay back just this morning. Ed and Edna had gone to pick up Cole and invited Lou to come with, though Lou had to check up on his group and make sure they were doing okay.

Echo lifted the pan and scraped the cooked scrambled eggs onto a nearby plate. Echo moved back to place the pan back onto the oven, though you heard something click. Echo froze in place. "Uh, oh."

You glanced up at the robot. "Echo, are you—"

A resounding set of clangs shook the kitchen. Edna completely stopped her sandwich-making. You could only stare in fright.

Echo's arm had fallen off.

"Echo!" You dashed forward and held a hand out. Your hand hovered over Echo's shoulder. "Are you okay?!"

"Oh, dear," Edna set her supplies down and moved closer.

"I am okay!" Echo happily replied. He stepped back and bent down. He picked up his fallen arm and pushed it back into place. It emitted a loud click, and Echo offered a smile. "This happens quite often, but I'm used to it."

Then Echo's arm fell off again.

"Oh," Echo blankly looked down at his fallen arm.

You nervously knelt down and picked up Echo's arm. You stood up. "Let's... go see your dad."

Echo nodded before he turned to Edna.

"Oh, no need to apologise," Edna kindly waved Echo away. "Go take care of yourself, okay?"