Act IV Ch. 8: "And For That, I'm So Sorry."

:)

~

The world shook with hundreds of footsteps all approaching the cavern. Your eyes flickered between the marble-headed creatures. None of them moved from their spots as they hissed in alarm.

"Charge!"

Hundreds of cries echoed from above. Hypnobrai, Fangpyre, Constrictai, and Venomari ran past you and your friends. Blades clashed against marble as the Serpentine held their ground against the incoming creatures of art.

"Ninja," You turned at the sound of Skales's voice. He slithered beside you, wielding both his golden staff and a sharpened katana. Skales held an angered expression, though it softened only a touch when he approached you. "You must do what you can to stop this villain of art."

You sternly nodded and glanced up ahead. Aggie met your gaze, a challenging look within their inhuman eyes, daring you to dash ahead and face off against them. 

You summoned fabric with your Elemental Blade, and it curled upwards and tightly wrapped around your injured shoulder. You could barely move your arm from the burning pain that emitted from your severe injury, but you couldn't let that stop you.

This has to end here and now.

You slipped your backpack off to the best of your ability. Your friends were still inside. You handed the backpack to Harumi.

"Get out of here and keep them safe, okay?" You offered a smile. "I'll try and find a way to return them to normal."

You tried to hand the backpack over, but your friends quickly protested. Jay and Cole had both jumped out and grasped the end of your ninja gi to stop you from leaving while the others attempted to argue, yet no sound left their mouths.

You gently pushed the former two ninja into Harumi's grasp, and the girl held onto them as you pulled away and turned towards the raging battle.

"I will bring Harumi back," Echo stated. "I will return as soon as I can to help."

"And I'll try and help get you to Aggie," Capstan called. They raised their borrowed Blade. Electricity dimly sparked from the blade's end. "Not sure how far I can go..."

You nodded. "Thank you both... Let's go."

Capstan took the lead, and you brought up the rear. Creatures of art attempted to cut you off, but you and Capstan easily knocked them aside for stray Serpentine to attack. Though none of them could injure the creatures, the Serpentine were smart enough to trap them in various ways.

Aggie held a murderous look before they raised one of their arms. A few more cocoons upon the walls of the cavern burst open. One caught your attention, however.

The cage that held Cider crumbled to pieces, and the previous leader slowly rose from the ground. Cider's arm had regrown, and in their hand was Cole's lost Elemental Blade. Cider adjusted their position before they ran forward.

Capstan pulled to a stop before raising their blade. "Shit..."

Cider stood between Capstan and Aggie. They raised their Blade and challenged you.

"I'll handle them, (Y/n)," Capstan nervously took a more powerful stance. "You have to get to Aggie."

You quietly nodded before moving to the side. Cider attempted to charge you, though Capstan jumped in the way. Capstan held his Blade upwards, and the two clashed together.

You ran past the duelling siblings and went directly towards Aggie. Several creatures of art charged you, yet you briskly knocked them aside.

Aggie glowered before they prepared for battle. They held one of their arms forward, and a blast of flames fired towards you.