Act II Ch. 9: Giving It Up

With a sobbing child in your arms, fighting was difficult. You couldn't perform Spinjitzu, and your concentration was sporadic due to the emotions flying through your head. You dove and landed heavily on your back in an attempt to avoid the snake-wrecking ball, holding the living doll tight in your grasp as she cried louder.

Your team wasn't looking too good. Kai and Cole were in an unfair battle with a load of Hypnobrai and hypnotized villagers, Hourglass was running amok with Jay on his back, and Zane was nowhere to be found.

This might be the end...

"Don't touch them yet!" You heard a new snake voice call to the team of Serpentine advancing on you. You whipped your head around to see a new purple snake with an incredulously long neck standing before Darkley's itself. And beside him...

"Mum! Dad!" The child in your arms cried to the duo tied up beside the purple Serpentine. One was made entirely of yarn, much like that of Maple, while the other was made only of fabric and stitching, like a life-sized plush doll.

"Murderous ninja!" The purple Serpentine addressed you, causing a lump to begin forming in your throat. "I've heard of your scandalous act against the Hypnobrai, and I wish to return the favor!" The Serpentine reached back and grabbed a sword, pointing it towards the tied-up couple. "An eye for an eye, after all!"

"No!!" The child screamed in your arms.

"These two see you as a close, trustworthy friend!" The purple Serpentine mocked with a menacing smirk. "Will their beliefs change when you're helpless to even try and help them!"

"Don't!"

"No, Mum!! Dad!!"

"Ninja, go!"

You watched in pure terror as Acrylic flew right into the purple Serpentine with none other than Lloyd on his back. The blade within the purple snake's hand was smacked aside and skittered to a stop a long way away as Acrylic and Lloyd crashed against the ground.

The child in your arms tore from your grasp and ran towards their parents. You immediately stood and ran after the child, now freely performing Spinjitzu to throw enemies aside and keep your oddball friend from harm. You threw paint into the eyes of Hypnobrai and cloth into the mounts of Fangpyre, rendering their primary abilities useless.

Anything to gain the upper hand and survive.

You stood on the defensive, doing your best to protect the family behind you. You threw all you could into your attacks, though it grew harder and harder as tears of fright and bitterness fell from your eyes and scary thoughts entered your mind.

This is all your fault.

Had you not killed the previous Hypnobrai General, none of this would've happened.

You are a murderer.

You let out a heartbroken cry as you threw a blank punch against an oncoming Serpentine, bearing hardly any energy to summon your paint. Despite all the noise around you, you're positive you heard the crack of bone beneath your knuckles. The snake fell back immediately, barely managing to scramble to his feet and take off in another direction. Not long after, you heard a loud "Retreat!"

You stood back and watched as the Serpentine began running in all different directions, attempting to get away safely. Just as the last serpent disappeared, you glanced up to find the Bounty flying overhead. As it flew past, a strange mist of soft blues and reds fell upon the snake-less town.

Antivenom.

The villagers that had been bitten, hypnotized, or both, were quickly cured of their ailments. Many humans ran towards one another in celebration that they'd survived. You spotted many children running from Darkley's, happy to have been saved from the clutches of the Serpentine.