Worldwide Celebration, Part 1 of 5

i.e., "reader & c.o. head to buddy's pizza and have a pleasant chat"

kind of short lol all five parts might be about 2000 words each ig? i'm kind of just tying up loose ends and having nice things happen before the next act lol

~

"Get o'er here, (Y/n)!"

You didn't have time to react as Ebony lifted you up and offered you a spine-crushing hug. The air was squeezed from your lungs, and you couldn't gasp out a protest.

"Can't believe it!" Ebony exclaimed. "Ya did it! Ya really did it!"

"Ebony, put them down," Adina bumped Ebony with her arm. "Us humans need air, you know."

"Ah, right!" Ebony dropped you onto the ground.

You nearly fell backwards, though Ebony's hands kept you steady. You took a moment to catch your breath.

"Sorry 'bout that!" Ebony held a grand smile. "It's just so excitin'!"

Adina let out a small chuckle. She offered you a grin. "Congrats, and thank you, really. You had no idea how terrifying that was..."

"It was mighty terrifyin'!" Ebony nervously explained. "But I'm glad ya came in and saved the day!"

"It wasn't all me," You tried to dismiss your friends' praise. "Honestly... Everyone helped! All in their own ways..." You paused for a moment. "Where is everyone?"

"Probably on their way?" Adina shrugged. "We split up after you—"

"(Y/n)!" You jumped at your name. You looked around until your eyes landed on Capstan. Behind him were Cider and Peony.

Capstan crashed into you. You managed to stand your ground, though when both Cider and Peony jumped in for a hug, you fell to the ground.

"Not again..." You muttered in pain.

"Sorry!" Cider exclaimed. They struggled to get up, though soon threw themselves to their feet with Capstan's help. "Sorry!"

"Where's Silver?" Peony furiously signed.

You sat up and glanced around for a moment. "Wait, 'Silver—'"

"I think she's still at that wreckage?" Ebony questioned as she pointed back where the Garmatron once stood.

Capstan took off before you got another word in. Cider quickly followed their sibling, and Peony begrudgingly pursued them.

"Wait, hold on!" You chased after your friends.

You headed into the crater within the ground. Capstan rushed towards Harumi, who was still with Lloyd and his father, and quickly knelt down. Misako and Sensei weren't nearby, anymore. "Are you okay?!" Capstan hurriedly asked. "I'm so very sorry, Harumi!"

Harumi offered a grin before shaking her head.

"Hold on," You managed to catch up. "What happened?"

"You shouldn't be upset, Cappy," Cider consoled their sibling. "You saved her life!"

"Cap pushed Silver to stop her from getting hit by darkness," Peony quickly explained for you.

"...'Silver?'" You repeated.

"Easier than signing her whole name out every time," Peony told you before motioning to Harumi. "Silver likes the nickname anyways."

"How odd..." Garmadon quietly pondered. "Two beings made of wood, and one made of paper...?"

"You can see them, too?!" Lloyd excitedly asked his father.

Capstan glanced up at Garmadon curiously. "Huh?"