Act II Ch. 20: The Town of Sozoichi

content warnings (this chapter):
- extreme violence
- it gets really sad towards the end but there's a somewhat happy ending(?)

~

It's been officially set. You were the last of the five ninjas to find your True Potential.

You honestly didn't fully understand why. Lloyd and Acrylic were safe and sound. You didn't have to worry about their condition, anymore. All that was left was obtaining the final Fangblade before the Serpentine retrieved it first.

What, did you have to go through some life-threatening situation to unlock it? You already did back when Jay found his True Potential, and back at the Fire of Kenshibetsu.

What were you missing?

While the Bounty sailed through the clouds to your destination, the four ninjas were training on the Bounty's deck. You were with Lloyd in his old bedroom playing catch-up, telling him things that he needed to know, like how Zane's a Nindroid and Acrylic was beside the two of you, now no longer in chains. Your oddball friends, Hourglass, Pirate, and Polar, were all doing their things and hopefully getting along.

Though, now that Lloyd's the Green Ninja and understands why he's able to see your oddball friends, he starts asking a couple of questions.

A lot of which you couldn't answer.

One of them was how he could make people see his creations for what they truly are. You're the only one that can.

"It's something to do with trust," You shrugged. "I don't know the specifics myself, though..."

"But I trust my dad and uncle!" Lloyd exclaimed. "And the ninja! Kai saved my life!"

Lloyd paused and glanced at Acrylic, who had his wings spread out on the ground. He hated those chains, and you're so glad a power saw was strong enough to cut Vengestone. It took ages for Jay to carefully saw through, though.

"Well..." Lloyd pondered. "I'm not... sure?"

"What?" You inquired.

"I know I trust everyone else," Lloyd began, "but Acrylic says that I have to trust them one hundred percent. I know I trust you one hundred percent!" Lloyd gave a bright smile. "You're like my older sibling that always has my back! Though..." Lloyd looked away, "I don't fully trust everyone, yet..."

You offered a smile and placed a hand on Lloyd's shoulder. "It's fine if you don't trust them a hundred percent, yet," You said. "Trust is something that's built over time. You can't just force it. I'm sure you'll be able to show them your new friends."

"But my dad!" Lloyd exclaimed. "He's a part of that, and I feel awful about it!"

"Lloyd, it's okay," You gently spoke. "You haven't seen your dad in possible years. It's normal to feel a bit of a disconnect with your dad. I'm sure, with time—..."

"But I'm the Green Ninja!" Lloyd argued. "Everyone's telling me that I'm destined to fight my dad! How could I spend time with him when I'm supposed to be fighting him?"

You didn't have an answer. "...I don't know, Lloyd," You honestly said. "But... the future is full of chances and opportunities! There might be ways to counter this!"

Lloyd didn't look too happy at your answer. "Maybe, I don't know..."

You took Lloyd's hand. "This is something we can learn together. All my friends that you can see, the other ninja can't. I want to learn how to let them see my friends, too."

"But... why can I see your friends?" Lloyd asked. "You... trust me that much?"

"I trust you one hundred percent," You smiled. You then hesitated. "Though, it might also be because you're the Green Ninja... Either way, though," You perked up, "I think you'd be able to see them regardless!"