~ One ~

Monday 7th September 1993

I sat on my couch waiting for my brother Frank to finish getting ready so he could walk me to school. I had just moved in with him and our dad after our mum got... taken, she wasn't really right in the head, so I had to start a new school due to the distance. It all went well because when I moved it was summer break and now I'm in my junior year.

"Hey, c'mon." My older brother appeared in the doorway and nodded his head signalling me to go get my shoes on. I had to wear a uniform in this new school and it wasn't too bad so it didn't bother me. I put on a pair of Mary Janes and grabbed my backpack. "We're meeting my friends on the way, I think you'll like them." I stood to face him and made a 'mm-hm' sound. "If you get nervous I can tell them to fuck off, you know." He placed his hand on my shoulder and squeezed gently. I chuckled and his face, too, brightened up. "Let's go then." Frank hummed as he opened our front door. We started walking down until we reached the next street where a group of three stood. They looked like the kind of people Frank would hang out with and I seemed to be correct as they all expectantly turned to us.

"Hey, Frank, is that your chick?" One with guyliner and long brown hair covering one of his eyes smirked. "No, you douchebag, it's my fucking sister!" Frankie cackled as he nudged the boy. "Step?" One with a fedora and sideburns snickered. "Nah, blood." Frank seemed proud. The other boy finished a coffee and smiled over at me. "I'm Ray." He seemed nice. I focused my attention on him since he wasn't chaotic. "I'm Y/n." I reciprocated his kind look. "Those two are Pete and Patrick, but of course they're too invested in their supposed step sister rumour to actually introduce themselves properly." He giggled. "I take it you're the mother of the group?" I quirked my brow. "Unfortunately, yes. But you haven't met my worst son yet." He seemed to get a little serious. "Tell me about this naughty son." I laughed as we followed behind those three towards the school. "Well, you're gonna eventually meet him so why not. His name is Gerard, he's a total nutcase." Ray explained. Gerard, huh. "But I also have a favourite child." He brightened up the mood. "Mikey. Gerard's little brother. Total angel child." Ray seemed relaxed. "You and Mikes would get along." "Oh?" "Yeah."

We had arrived. "Alright, Y/n. Do you see that boy over there?" Frank pointed to a boy with a beanie, similar hair to Pete's and glasses. "Yeah." I spoke over the crowded cafeteria. "He should be in your classes. Go talk to him, tell him you're my sister." He pushed me gently. I hesitantly squeezed through the kids and to his deserted corner. We made eye contact. "Hey, my brother Frank told me to talk to you. I'm new." I nervously chewed my lip. "Oh, hey. I heard he had a sister. I'm Mikey." His poker face turned to a warm smile. "I'm Y/n. Nice to meet you." "And to you too." Mikey grinned.

Mikey and I talked for a while and he turned out to be really cool, we shared most interests and found out we were in each other's classes for all subjects. "We have 5 minutes until art, you want me to take you to the lockers?" The tall boy requested. "Yes please." And with that, I followed him through the hall and to a corridor which had a sign saying 'Junior Lockers' over it. "Number?" He looked over at me as we walked into the quiet area. "310." I read the number on the key in my palm. "Here, same row as mine." He smiled as he leaned on a red capsule. I stuck the key in, unlocked it and put my backpack in the locker since I didn't have any art supplies with me, I doubt I'd need them.

"Hey! Mikes!" A male voice echoed through the hallway and I turned to see a tall boy with black shoulder length messy hair, pale skin and hazel eyes. He looked me up and down with no expression and paused for a second before averting his gaze to Mikey. He leant over and whispered something into his ear. "Y/n, this is my brother Gerard, Gerard this is Frank's younger sister, Y/n." Gerard's look changed to a smirk. "You looked like an Iero, I just couldn't put my finger on which one." He continued giving me looks and I felt myself kind of fall into his gaze. I just gave a weak smile. "Quiet. You sure she's Frank's sister?" Gerard chortled. "You say that while you're my brother." Mikey face palmed causing me to laugh quietly. "Well, Y/n and I better get going to class. See you, Gee." Mikey closed my locker for me.

As we walked off to a stairwell I felt Gerard's hot gaze on me. It made me physically shiver somehow. "You guys know Ray right? Big hair, total sweetheart." I asked the boy beside me as we walked to our classroom. "Yeah, we're hanging out tonight, you're coming because yes." Mikey grinned with pride. "I'm not objecting." I smiled as we arrived at our classroom, that Patrick boy seemed to be in here, he seemed alright, just playful. "Come sit in the back with me, there's no seating plan." Mikey pulled me gently to the back where we sat down together. "If anyone says anything, ignore them, if they try anything I'll knock them out." The once shy boy rubbed my bicep comfortingly. "Thanks, Mikes." I smiled. Turns out we do get along.

Time skip because narrating class is boring

Mikes and I were making our way outside for lunch when we bumped into a familiar face at the doors. "Hiii!" Ray beamed at us. "Hey fro." Mikey beamed back to Ray. "I see you've met the superior Iero sister." I snickered. Frank might aswell just be my sister huh. "Yeppers." I responded sassily. "Y/n!" My brother's voice came from a bench over at the other side of the yard. The three of us walked over to where Frank and Gerard were sat with Pete and Patrick. I sat between Frank and Mikey, Gerard was adjacent to me. I couldn't help but shy away from his intense stare as I nibbled on my sandwich that Frank had given me. He had his head propped up on his hands and his eyes fixated attentively on me. "So, Y/n... I wanna get to know you. What are your hobbies?" Gerard's voice was low and husky as he wore a side smirk. " I like playing guitar, drawing and listening to music I guess." I spoke quietly. "Sweet. What artists do you listen to?" His pupils visibly dilated. Passion. "I like Nirvana, Green day, Placebo." (Yes I know Placebo wasn't around then but yes). "Y/n." "Yeah?" "You're pretty fucking cool." Gerard grinned at me. "I know! Isn't she rad?" Frank intervened and then continued his conversation about guitars with Ray. "Aren't you going to eat?" I asked him. "Coffee keeps me going, I eat at home." He shrugged. You do you Gerard. "Alright." I looked back down to my lap as I finished my lunch.

RIIIING

"Welp, looks like we have to separate, angel. It was fun talking to you though." Did he just... wink? What the fuck. I just nodded and got up, moving to Mikey's side. "Alright, let's go." "BYE BYE Y/NNNNNN!" Ray waved. "BYE BYE RAYYYYY!" I did the same before entering the stairwell and making my way to the second floor for maths. "You ready for hell?" Mikey breathed, referring to maths class, as he pushed the classroom door open. Yet again, we sat in the back.

After five minutes had passed, a girl with purple hair turned to me with a smile. "I really like your hair, I've been too shy to talk to you for this entire day but yeah, it's cool." She giggled. "Aw thank you. I'm Y/n." "I'm Louise." She introduced herself. "You two, quieten down." The teacher looked up from his desk briefly and Louise turned back around. I turned back to Mikey and he was working peacefully. I was a little tired so why not just take a nap. I hated maths anyways.

30 minutes of sleepy sleep later

I woke up to Mikes gently nudging my arm. "Hey, time to go home." He gave me a soft smile. I sat up and closed my book, fixed my hair and stood up to be dismissed. When our row was told to leave, Mikey and I left for the locker area to collect our things. "Gerard, Frank and Ray are waiting outside for us." Mikey slung his bag over his shoulder and I just carried mine down to the main entrance where the three boys stood. "Shall we?" Gerard made eye contact with me although he was talking to Mikey and I... I think. What was with him? I soon learned he meant only me since he didn't take any notice when Mikey went in front to talk to my brother and Ray.

"Now, sugar, as a welcome party, you're coming to ours tonight." Gerard smirked at me. "Ok, who else is coming?" I tilted my head. "Nobody, just us five." He shrugged. "Oh. Ok. What are we gonna be doing?" I asked as we turned a quick left onto Truman Drive. "Probably just watching movies, eating snacks. Maybe going outside." "No going outside. I don't like the kids that hang around ours, I don't think Y/n will either." Mikey frowned. "Ok going out's off the table. But yeah, other things are cool right?" Gee smiled weakly. "Yeah." I looked down to my shoes.